Short Lived Holiday Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Lived Holiday Season

After coming back to work from 4 days off, I come back to: a bent loading dock post that someone backed in to,of course since our home office wanted the camera pointed at the office door instead of the loading dock I cant see who dunnit. Also, an angry customer who was signed up for autopay and wanted to move out on 1-1-2020 but we were closed so she go charged this months rent. ( BTW she is still in the unit but is demanding a FULL refund, and yet another tenant who was 1 month behind on rent, and currently due for January. She left a voicemail asking me to run her card on file for amount due, so I did. She calls back today angry that I ran it for full amount and is demanding a partial refund because now her rent payment for her apartment is going to bounce. This is just a small list of the things I came back to. There are also a dozen minor things: Tenants mad that a semi truck driver yelled at him for blocking path with his vehicle, wants us to "do Something about it" Like what? A tenants guest blew up the bathroom in one of our buildings and there was poo on the walls, floor and all over the toilet, top to bottom. We had to get a plumber to unclog it! And now they are mad we have it locked..... it goes on and on. The life of a storage manager. When it rains it pours. Those 4 days off were really nice, I was relaxed and ready to come back to work. After 1 day I am ready for a 2 week vacation LOL.
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

No good deed or thing, like a few days off goes unpunished. What a welcome back to the job day. Glad you got some time away and I hope the rest of the month goes smoothly.
    Gina 6k
    twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
    VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
    [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
    I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

IMO, no site toilets. Office for the tenant to use, ok.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
        After coming back to work from 4 days off, I come back to: a bent loading dock post that someone backed in to,of course since our home office wanted the camera pointed at the office door instead of the loading dock I cant see who dunnit. Also, an angry customer who was signed up for autopay and wanted to move out on 1-1-2020 but we were closed so she go charged this months rent. ( BTW she is still in the unit but is demanding a FULL refund, and yet another tenant who was 1 month behind on rent, and currently due for January. She left a voicemail asking me to run her card on file for amount due, so I did. She calls back today angry that I ran it for full amount and is demanding a partial refund because now her rent payment for her apartment is going to bounce. This is just a small list of the things I came back to. There are also a dozen minor things: Tenants mad that a semi truck driver yelled at him for blocking path with his vehicle, wants us to "do Something about it" Like what? A tenants guest blew up the bathroom in one of our buildings and there was poo on the walls, floor and all over the toilet, top to bottom. We had to get a plumber to unclog it! And now they are mad we have it locked..... it goes on and on. The life of a storage manager. When it rains it pours. Those 4 days off were really nice, I was relaxed and ready to come back to work. After 1 day I am ready for a 2 week vacation LOL.
        That's why they're supposed to let us know 10 days in advance because we're not psychic. Sheesh.

Ugh, bathroom woes.
        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

I saw this sign a few months ago, and now it holds new meaning for me.....I really want to post this in that bathroom! LOL
          Attached Files
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

That is a "Rectal Tsunami".
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
              IMO, no site toilets. Office for the tenant to use, ok.
              Ditto. Having one unmanned in the facility is just asking for trouble in my opinion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X