No food means NO FOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No food means NO FOOD

Another unit with food. Tenant had made one last payment, then accessed the unit and, very clearly, went through it to take only what he wanted. Lien notice had come back for bad address and phone messages weren't returned. Unit didn't sell at auction because it looks like a bomb went off in it and nothing worth buying in it. Started cleaning it out today. Clothes, shoes, and some toys are strewn everywhere, and in a couple of boxes, buried beneath a pile of clothing, were now empty food containers. Syrup, instant oatmeal, tea bags, candy, gum, crackers...you name it, it's there. I am so pi$$ed. There are empty gatorade bottles, empty soda cups like what you'd get at 7-11. There's a king size bed as well...mattress, box springs, frame foot/head board...that all needs to be dragged to the dumpster. Even canned food. OMG!! Now I have to bait some rat traps because, clearly, they've been in there. Which means the rest of the building is also affected. UGH!! WHY!? Why do people store food!!?? I don't get it. AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

I get it. They don't care and feel entitled to do what they want no matter what they agreed to at move in. I expect it so I make it very clearly known what will happen if I catch anything like this and I tell them how extremely nosy I am.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
      Another unit with food. Tenant had made one last payment, then accessed the unit and, very clearly, went through it to take only what he wanted. Lien notice had come back for bad address and phone messages weren't returned. Unit didn't sell at auction because it looks like a bomb went off in it and nothing worth buying in it. Started cleaning it out today. Clothes, shoes, and some toys are strewn everywhere, and in a couple of boxes, buried beneath a pile of clothing, were now empty food containers. Syrup, instant oatmeal, tea bags, candy, gum, crackers...you name it, it's there. I am so pi$$ed. There are empty gatorade bottles, empty soda cups like what you'd get at 7-11. There's a king size bed as well...mattress, box springs, frame foot/head board...that all needs to be dragged to the dumpster. Even canned food. OMG!! Now I have to bait some rat traps because, clearly, they've been in there. Which means the rest of the building is also affected. UGH!! WHY!? Why do people store food!!?? I don't get it. AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
      I hate those units-we had one at my last facility. We didn't have a dumpster so we had to take about a month to parcel out the garbage at the street-we had 4 garbage cans. It was disgusting-I honestly thought I smelled decomp, only to find dirty sex toys and rotten food at the back of the unit. SO GROSS.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Throw in a cleaning charge and add the pest control in there. Take pictures of it. You'll probably never see the $$ but one day when she needs to clean up her credit it will be sitting there waiting for her to pay at some collection agency.
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I've got most of it out now except for 2 boxes of stuff and the bed. I can't get any more into my dumpster. the bed will dragged to the dumpster over the weekend for Monday pick up. I'll probably sweep out what I can later today and put a couple of baited traps in it. I'll also go around the inside (what I can get to) with bug spray. It's loaded with roaches as well. Ick. Cleaning fee has been added but since we don't send anything to collections, it doesn't really matter. I'll see them again.
          Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

I keep posting about no food for our social medias in a vain attempt to educate people. I even started listing different types of 'food' in the hopes that word gets out and people stop storing food.

Comment

Originally posted by Meauxhala View Post
              I keep posting about no food for our social medias in a vain attempt to educate people. I even started listing different types of 'food' in the hopes that word gets out and people stop storing food.
              As I go through the spiel-"And, don't store hazardous, flammable, chemical, biological, food, people or animal food, plants, bodies."

WA State

Comment

My maintenance team was doing a spring repair in a unit Monday and found a fossilized pork steak on a paper plate, knife fork and all. The tenant hasn't been in the unit for over a year, so it has to be at LEAST that old. Luckily no sign of vermin so far.

We did find sealed vodka in an abandoned unit once

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

As I go through the spiel-"And, don't store hazardous, flammable, chemical, biological, food, people or animal food, plants, bodies."
                  I do the exact same thing but I spell out why. Food brings pests and if I see food in a unit I'll say something. I have a brand new facility. I am trying to keep that stuff from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesStorage View Post
                    My maintenance team was doing a spring repair in a unit Monday and found a fossilized pork steak on a paper plate, knife fork and all. The tenant hasn't been in the unit for over a year, so it has to be at LEAST that old. Luckily no sign of vermin so far.

We did find sealed vodka in an abandoned unit once
                    Good Lord-all of the alcohol that I've found. It goes straight into the garbage b/c I don't trust anything out of a storage unit. Especially in a storage unit.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Spamsammich View Post

I do the exact same thing but I spell out why. Food brings pests and if I see food in a unit I'll say something. I have a brand new facility. I am trying to keep that stuff from happening.
                      Spelling out why is a given, if you don't tell people why something is bad they just want to break rules to be a rebel

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post

At signup I tell new tenants "Nothing flammable, nothing explosive, nothings that's alive, nothing that's ever been alive, and no food."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X