New UHaul Facility right down the street- questions about truck rentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UHaul Facility right down the street- questions about truck rentals

So we've just recently had a UHaul Facility open down the street from us. They only offer 1 size of storage unit and it's a 5x8, we have all different sizes and up to 10x40. I am contemplating approaching them about working together with prospective tenants to store with us for those larger units. I was thinking of maybe offering the " truck rental " portion free, not the mileage etc, just the $19.99 for the day or something like that.
    Any feedback how I can use this competition to our advantage?
    TIA Happy New Year !

That sounds like a great idea to me. Give the new tenant $20 or a voucher to use at Uhaul.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Getting in bed with U-Haul does not end good.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I did that for several years. It works well without a huge impact on your bottom line.
        MamaDuke

Comment

If you call them and ask for the AFM to stop in and see you, they can go over how to offer the trucks and what not. Since they only have the one size, you can always try a referral deal with them. A $25 gift card to the employee for each person they send your way that moves in. I would imagine they'll get a lot of calls for unit sizes they don't have.
          A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Merman View Post
            If you call them and ask for the AFM to stop in and see you, they can go over how to offer the trucks and what not. Since they only have the one size, you can always try a referral deal with them. A $25 gift card to the employee for each person they send your way that moves in. I would imagine they'll get a lot of calls for unit sizes they don't have.
            U-Haul stores do NOT answer their own phones, the calls are routed to a call center. U-Haul will ALWAYS refer their customer to a UHAUL store. Offering the truck rental will only help U-Haul in my opinion. If you are 50% full, then maybe try it for a month, but if you are already good on occupancy, then I wouldn't chance it.

Comment

Darn, I didn't realize everything went through a call center first. Kinda hard to entice the employees there with a referral bonus if they never get the call.
              A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• gladu
                Auction laws
                by gladu
                Hello everyone. We are new to the industry and have a question about Auctions. Are we legally obligated to have an auction when someone is in default or can we just take possession of their property?
                We also run a disposal yard on site so it would be much easier for us to just dispose of the ...
                Today, 01:52 PM
              • Beebop
                Reply to Hello from San Antonio, Texas!
                by Beebop
                Welcome, We use Sitelink, switched to StorEdge and then went back to Sitelink. Old management liked Sitelink better. I have seen on the other forum that StorEdge people are having trouble getting quick responses to problems. Good Luck with your quest!
                Today, 01:39 PM
              • Bighank
                Reply to Hello from San Antonio, Texas!
                by Bighank
                Welcome... my wife and I are originally from the Schertz area. Can't help much with your question though.
                Today, 01:33 PM
              Working...
              X