Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An idea that you may use, and an end to my cremains saga.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea that you may use, and an end to my cremains saga.

Last July? August? I can't even remember anymore, we had an auction and one of the winners found a carton of ashes. So, I've contacted the owner of said remains over and over and over, for the past few months. I finally got her sister involved because I was getting, "I'll pick it up on Sunday," but she always punked out.

Fast forward to me talking to my mailman and having the sudden question, "Hey. Can I send cremated remains through the mail?"

Turns out, "YES, you can!" You can go to the post office website (only the website) and order the cremated remains boxes, sticker etc for free, then pay a pretty penny for postage but boom, they're gone back to their family! So I texted sister and asked for current address for ex tenant. Lo and behold, the VERY NEXT DAY the former tenant slinks into the office to pick up her family member. Apparently sister was very vehement about her stopping by. \o/

So, she has her daughter and a box of photos and I have peace of mind that I no longer have her loved one sitting in a storage unit.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

So much time is now spent by people on themselves they just don't care about the dearly departed as before. Social media means so much more to so many people now days. The bane of the future existence of mankind. Family is just not important to the younger generation. There is always exceptions but my statement is proven every day in society.

Life just isn't as important for lots of people anymore. Just read the story today about a group of 16-18 year olds doing the "ring the doorbell and run" prank. They took off. The last person they did it to chased them down in his car and hit them from behind and rammed them off the road and into a tree. 3 of the 16 year olds died in the crash.
    Last edited by pacnwstorage; 22 January 2020, 07:44 PM.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Unless it came back undelivered because they did not update their address....I hope this works out for you! I worked at USPS for a few years back in the 90's and I didnt know you could ship cremated remains! Good to know for future reference.
      You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
        Unless it came back undelivered because they did not update their address....I hope this works out for you! I worked at USPS for a few years back in the 90's and I didnt know you could ship cremated remains! Good to know for future reference.
        Yeah, it's why I was getting the current address from the sister (you'd hope she would have it) . You'd have to be sure of the address, definitely.

WA State

Comment

https://nj1015.com/nj-woman-spends-w...t-in-the-mail/

Be careful!
          This can happen too!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
            "Where in the world is Jose." Yikes-yeah, that would be my luck.

WA State

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X