Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
    OK, now I am really convinced people are losing it.Costco, Walmart, Staples, Home Depot and Lowes, Safeway, Fred Meyers all out of toilet paper, limited water and hand sanitizer. I knew it was looking bleak out there and people are desperate to find it. I had a customer swipe a courtesy bottle of Purell off the counter when my back was turned.I didnt even notice it was gone until maybe 30 minutes after she left. I thought, oh- maybe it fell on the other side of the counter- nope, wasnt there. Hmmm... So I know it was there, because I just put out a new one this morning. Reviewed camera and found she stashed it in her purse! She now has a $5 charge on her account for the cost of the bottle. If she wants to argue the point I will gladly show her the footage. Thief! I mean come on, If she had asked me for it I would have sold it to her! She didnt have to steal it.
    Good grief!! Yeah, it's crazy down here as well.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by Madman View Post
      WASH your hands! Do the simple things to prevent germ spread from person to person. I'm definitely seeing A LOT of fear and paranoia driving peoples decision making. This actually feels like the type of event, that if not managed properly, will really mushroom into a lot of continued fear and misinformation which will eventually lead to serious impact for peoples lives and business/economy. It's pretty concerning.
      I agree! The bottom line is, the COVID-19 has a higher death rate than the "normal" flu so far. The biggest issue, with all the incompetency and bad info swirling about is there aren't enough tests available to test all those potentially infected, so no real empirical data will ever be complied in the true sense.

Common sense should prevail, but we all know from firsthand experience how lacking that is in the general population any more. Even finding myself unwittingly in a high risk category for this virus, I still am more concerned with the panic-mob mentality than I am of the virus itself at this juncture. I hope our economies can survive this, but people are going to learn pretty quickly how many items come from China if they don't know already. The USA doesn't manufacture much anymore so we will feel the hurt a lot down here.

Oh and I'm sure Pac will be thrilled to hear his favorite Governor just declared a Coronavirus state of emergency for Oregon at 11:00 am PST. But have you all heard about Italy? That's scary on an entirely different level.

Suds up those hands and sing "Happy Birthday" song twice before rinsing. Or as our daughter in law does, she counts "1 coronavirus, 2 coronavirus..."
      Gina 6k
      twitter.com/GinaSixKudo
      VM: Four-Oh-Eight- Seven-Eight-Oh-Eight-Oh-Seven-Nine
      [email protected]

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough!
      I am not an attorney, just an experienced manager who is willing to share what I have learned. Your thoughts, practices or opinions may vary and neither of us may be right.

Comment

Are you guys taking any extra precautions regarding the Coronavirus? Ie more frequently cleaning the toilets, installing extra hand sanitizers, disinfecting door handles...

Comment

Originally posted by smole View Post
          Are you guys taking any extra precautions regarding the Coronavirus? Ie more frequently cleaning the toilets, installing extra hand sanitizers, disinfecting door handles...
          Yep-I don't put cookies out anymore, I clorox wipe the facility, try and not touch my face, make sure antibacterial soap is in the restroom, etc. But we live in the Seattle area and it's crazy around here. I felt guilty buying toilet paper today because I needed it, not to hoard..lol

WA State

Comment

As of this morning, our boss has closed our office for the next 1-2 weeks, at least. We still have to come to work to answer phones, but we cannot interact with customers. They are being directed to our kiosk for all rentals and payments, or they can pay by phone. I already spent 15 minutes on the phone talking a customer through a rental at the kiosk this morning.

We've been told we can "Play games or whatever" to pass the time!!!
            MamaDuke

Comment

We are considering our options and trying to plan for the future since we are close to NYC and the other area that got hit hard. Our biggest hurdle is move-ins and move-outs. Processing payments is not an issue. We don't have a self-service kiosk so anyone have ideas? Thanks!

Comment

We usually have antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer in the office but not gallons of it. Now I can't find it around town or on line. I thought maybe someone else had ordered and wondered how long it took to arrive. Even though they are out of stock I can’t even put in an order and have them ship it when they get it in.

This am I went to 4 stores and couldn’t find any. Couldn’t find any alcohol or hydrogen peroxide either but I have some in the apartment so I can use that. Customers are looking for a spritz when they come in and I will be out today but for sure tomorrow. I have a small hand sanitizer in my purse that I am guiltily keeping for me.

I feel like a junkie looking for a fix.

I rarely get colds or the flu ( knock on wood ) but seniors and those with compromised immune systems (
                I am a type 1 diabetic ) are most at risk. My mom used to tell me to build up your immune system to go out and live life. I was never sheltered so I fight the colds/flus like a champ. We have had 2 cases in my county one in in my city and even though I am not scared I am a bit nervous.

The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

This is the perfect time to remind tenants that come to office to pay, to sign up for auto pay so they can stay at home. They can pay at the web site as well but then they have to REMEMBER to get in front of their computer to do it but the auto pay takes that requirement away and auto pay is just that, AUTOMATIC. That way they don't have to see my ugly ass face. Unless of course they like the OLD SEAN CONNERY look.
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

No word from the corporate office on what to do during this pandemic. I'm assuming the usual basic hygiene procedures, which varies.

Comment

The US has 50 deaths related to CV so for

From oct.2019-Jan 2020 there have been over 12,000 deaths related to the regular flu

People NEED to chill out

Comment

Business as usual here in small town nowhere. We have 2 businesses....storage and a tree removal service. I still shake customers' hands, accept payments, show units, complete jobs, avoid stores, and stay clear of hand sanitizers and most of the news! My folks are both 78 and they opened their store all week but they will close if it snows! The fear will kill me before the virus does, so I choose to not live in fear.

I'm curious now if our Wally World and other hometown grocery store are out of toilet paper and food. I may go check that out one day, but I really dislike shopping! I'm a girl though, and I sort of freak out when I am down to my last 4 double rolls of toilet paper (actually, at CVS I bought triple roll packs about a month ago! How awesome is a triple roll of TP? I'm like KrisinWA... if I buy I actually need it and am not hoarding it any more than usual. My toilet is next to my shower, so as long as I have water... I also live along the water, but I never go in there until after the Canadian Geese have flown back home. Brrrr TMI

Edit to add... I am not taking away from anyone who has a poor immunity system (your life is always led to avoid illness, and this is not any different for you). I am sorry you or a loved one deals with that. Truly! I wish all of you health and happiness, whatever that means to each of you!
                        Last edited by Hike531; 15th March 2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Tony wrote a great blog last week about how the pandemic is affecting us all on personal and professional level.
                          Amy Campbell
                          Editor
                          Inside Self-Storage
                          [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Perusing Twitter and I see that many operators are either closing their office or limiting hours.
                            Amy Campbell
                            Editor
                            Inside Self-Storage
                            [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Originally posted by Amy_ISS View Post
                              Perusing Twitter and I see that many operators are either closing their office or limiting hours.
                              My mgt company has discussed it and so far are letting it be. It's dead, it's not like I'm seeing people face to face anyway.

WA State

Comment

I haven't had an inquiry this month! Wouldn't make much difference as I have only 1 unit available but I get nervous if no one is calling.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X