New to SMS Text Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to SMS Text Reminders

Good Morning! We are wanting to start texting payment reminders to our late-paying and delinquent customers. We currently do not have a clause in our rental agreement specifically granting permission to send texts (it does refer to electronic messages). I also do not know how to format a text with the required all caps "STOP to unsubscribe". We are currently using Yardi Advantage Store software - so we don't even have a master list of cell numbers or email addresses. I'm fairly embarrassed that we do not already do this and am hoping that someone can point me to a logical starting point? Thank you so much!!

We just use Google voice to send text rent reminders. You only need their phone number. Keep the message generalized, dont add specifics like unit number or amount owed. Keep it simple, here is an example of what we send out:

"Silverdale Self Storage: This is a Courtesy Reminder, your rent is due. Please stop by or call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx to make your payment. Or, you can go online to : www.yourwebaddress here.com and make your payment there. Thanks and have a great day!"
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
      We just use Google voice to send text rent reminders. You only need their phone number. Keep the message generalized, dont add specifics like unit number or amount owed. Keep it simple, here is an example of what we send out:

"Silverdale Self Storage: This is a Courtesy Reminder, your rent is due. Please stop by or call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx to make your payment. Or, you can go online to : www.yourwebaddress here.com and make your payment there. Thanks and have a great day!"
      Thank you wc1974! I appreciate your info!!

Comment

My software program does all of my texts automatically. although I do have the option to manually text tenants also. I won't rent to anyone without a cell #.

Comment

you twotoejoe!!

Comment

I'll second Google Voice. They have an app for your cell phone too so you can reply to texts with out giving out your personal cell number... that is a nice touch as well. 6Storage software has the option to do it automatically through a service called Twillio but I believe there is an additional charge

Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X