Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cancel a credit card payment in Site Link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cancel a credit card payment in Site Link?

Hi everyone:

Anyone using Site Link web edition. How do you cancel a credit card payment that was made this morning? (I want to refund it back to the customer.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcqUU-rqum4
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Oh, wow, thanks! Eventually they added these training videos on YouTube. May be very helpful.

Although that one didn't work for me. When I go to "Edit charges & Payments" that list is totally empty. So I can't select anything. And the CC payment in question was charged automatically this morning. So there should a way to cancel it.

Any other ideas?

Comment

You need to go into the adjustments screen and go to that ledger and void the receipt.

But more importantly, you need access to your payment processor so you can void the transaction there, too. Just doing it in Sitelink doesn't stop the transaction, it just removes it from their file.

I am supposed to be able to process a refund in SL, but it never actually lets me complete it. So it's always a 2-step process.
        MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
          You need to go into the adjustments screen and go to that ledger and void the receipt.

But more importantly, you need access to your payment processor so you can void the transaction there, too. Just doing it in Sitelink doesn't stop the transaction, it just removes it from their file.

I am supposed to be able to process a refund in SL, but it never actually lets me complete it. So it's always a 2-step process.
          Yes, that's what I did about half an hour ago. (The first part.) Although it totally messed up my totals for the day. I was off by the amount of that payment.

I'm not sure how I'd do the second part of what you suggested. Is it somewhere in Site Link too? We're using them as a payment processor.

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post

Yes, that's what I did about half an hour ago. (The first part.) Although it totally messed up my totals for the day. I was off by the amount of that payment.

I'm not sure how I'd do the second part of what you suggested. Is it somewhere in Site Link too? We're using them as a payment processor.
            We use Payeezy for our payment processor for Sitelink. When we have to issue a refund we log in to our Payeezy account on the web, find the transaction, and refund the money. Payeezy makes it pretty straightforward, but I can't say that for other payment processors.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post

No. That would be a separate log-in. You can get to it from Setup: Credit Cards: Setup There you will find the website, etc. But you'll need your company log-in info for that.
              MamaDuke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X