Masks and Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masks and Gloves

Up until today, the CDC recommended masks only for healthcare workers and those who are infected with the coronavirus. That may change as officials debate whether everyone should cover their face when in public. A shortage in masks makes this complicated, so the agency may request people to fashion their own masks.

Are you wearing some sort of face covering or gloves at work?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

We've had gloves for a while to handle mail, cash, and public surfaces in the yard.

We've cut hours so only one person is in the office at a time, which basically eliminates the need for masks. But if anyone wants to make a homemade-mask here is a very good Step by step tutorial and video - https://sweetredpoppy.com/how-to-sew...flexible-nose/ . You want all the sides to fit snugly against your face. Remember that homemade masks need to be washed fairly frequently so you may wantto make more than one.

We are actually helping a group that's sewing facemasks for local hospital workers with storage and as a donation center.

Comment

Only when going into banks

Comment

I wear gloves when processing the mail or outside the office. Also when I've been to the grocery store. I have a box of masks, but haven't used them...yet!
        MamaDuke

Comment

Finally! The earlier proclamation that healthy people should not wear the mask was nonsense.

There is a grocery store near me that refuses to allow people to shop unless they are wearing a mask and gloves prior to entering.l

Comment

Originally posted by QuickTrip View Post
            Finally! The earlier proclamation that healthy people should not wear the mask was nonsense.

There is a grocery store near me that refuses to allow people to shop unless they are wearing a mask and gloves prior to entering.l
            How about that! I just gave a box of 20 N 95 Masks to my daughter's friend that is an ER Dr. Now they are saying we may need to wear these for a while after the 30 days. Luckily my daughter is making masks for her also. Guess I will have to get some from her.
            Joe Krezdorn
            DAK Self Storage
            Leesport, PA 19533
            www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Not doing any face to face rentals, only online rentals now. I only visit the post office and maybe a drive thru to get some lunch. I make sure I stay 10 feet at least away from anyone I might see.

Comment

I have a face shield, sort of a pull over face mask that doubles as a hair band or a scarf. You can find them in sporting good stores. Mostly used for hunting or riding dirt bikes, motorcycles or doing anything outside that you would need to cover your face for- lawn work, etc.. Costs about $5 and is very versatile and washable/reusuable.I order them online for fairly cheap, better selection of designs.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by wc1974; 2nd April 2020, 02:25 AM.
                You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I still have my old "Biking days bandana" and will wear it. I will be using it again on a regular basis since I bought this on Sunday.

"Get your motor runnin' " "Head out on the highway"

A 2005 Harley FatBoy. 15th FatBoy anniversary bike with a 95 cu. in. Screaming Eagle engine. Fuel Injected. Only 16,472 miles. Lots of extras.

"Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Thanks wc1974 An article in The Washington Post states Americans will be soon be urged to wear cloth masks while in public.
                    Amy Campbell
                    Editor
                    Inside Self-Storage
                    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

I did my part to keep in line with our uniforms...which I am not currently wearing since I don't interact with customers right now!!!

IMG_20200402_154205.jpg

MamaDuke

Comment

MamaDuke that's terrific, did you order those somewhere? SO much more and better advertising than a silly pen or keychain, people wearing my logo and contact info ON THEIR FACE when they go out in public? Yes please!

"Bolsa Chica Storage is saving my life every day..."

My guess is you have one of those super advanced sewing machines and a talent for using it.
                        In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
                          MamaDuke that's terrific, did you order those somewhere? SO much more and better advertising than a silly pen or keychain, people wearing my logo and contact info ON THEIR FACE when they go out in public? Yes please!

"Bolsa Chica Storage is saving my life every day..."

My guess is you have one of those super advanced sewing machines and a talent for using it.
                          Actually, I used an old uniform shirt that was fraying at the edges but otherwise still in good shape. I just cut the pattern to have the logo right where I wanted it! My boss says I look like I'm about to rob a bank!
                          MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

Actually, I used an old uniform shirt that was fraying at the edges but otherwise still in good shape. I just cut the pattern to have the logo right where I wanted it! My boss says I look like I'm about to rob a bank!
                            Lol-that's hilarious!
                            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
                              I did my part to keep in line with our uniforms...which I am not currently wearing since I don't interact with customers right now!!!

IMG_20200402_154205.jpg

Thats so cool! What pattern did you use for the mask?
                              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X