Opening Your Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Your Office

Governors are debating when to give businesses in their states the green light to re-open. Do you think it's safe to open your facility office? What changes have you made to receive customers? How will you notify your tenants?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Here in CA, we are still locked until at least the end of April. Then we'll have to see. The cases in our county have not slowed down at all yet. So we're still closed to customers for the time being. And once we open it will be with plenty of physical distancing, masks, gloves, and disinfectant!!!
    MamaDuke

Comment

We are locked down until the end of the month. We have handled business through a window. I hope we stay the same for the next few months. I don't think this thing is close to over.

Comment

The state of FL is "closed" til the end of April. I don't think that we will open for a while just because our office is small and I think being cautious where / when you can is the best idea.
        The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Even if we get the Green Light, we are already open as an essential business with our offices closed and no face to face interactions. I would like to continue this practice until we reach Phase 2 (at least) of the nationally recommended plan. I definitely want my employees to be comfortable. We may even wait until Phase 3. Operating in more than one state, we will follow local government orders.

One thing that has been made very clear to me is that you can rent units with no face to face interaction. I am so thankful we had online tools in place way before all of this.
          Stephanie Tharpe
          President
          A+ Management Group, LP
          Nashville, TN
          www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
          www.tnssa.net

Comment

We are being the test dummies down here in Georgia. I plan on reopening the office on May 2nd but I'm going to have strict procedures in place to ensure we are still smart about. Keeping 6 feet from each other, I'm still not shaking hands and it feels very weird! They keep the pen that they use. Either wash my hands or sanitize after each client. After a month of it being very quiet, we had several new renters in the last 24 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
              We are being the test dummies down here in Georgia. I plan on reopening the office on May 2nd but I'm going to have strict procedures in place to ensure we are still smart about. Keeping 6 feet from each other, I'm still not shaking hands and it feels very weird! They keep the pen that they use. Either wash my hands or sanitize after each client. After a month of it being very quiet, we had several new renters in the last 24 hours!
              I feel so bad for you folks down in Georgia!
              The governor is a complete idiot!
              In NJ, we are still waiting to hear what we will do after May 15th!
              So we have to wait and see.
              For me, I am working, this week 10a-2pm
              Starting Monday we will be open 10a-4pm.
              The door will remain locked though!
              For me, after we have loosened the restrictions, I am going to ask my owner if I can continue to keep the door locked, so that I can only allow 1 person in my office at a time.
              I am high risk and so is my husband.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

lady5563 don't feel bad for us. I think it's time to re-open, we can't stay closed forever. I've been carrying with life over the last few weeks but have been trying to be smart about it by wearing gloves when I go to the store or to get gas and keep my distancing from other folks.

I wouldn't let more than one person in at a time to my office either. I hope you and your husband stay well!

Comment

My office has been open it's regular hours all along and the gate access is also the same as before. I have a 4' x 2' plexi-glass spit barrier that I cannot wait to get rid of.
                  "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I think with how well all of our contactless business practices have gone, we will be able to continue to not allow customers in the office for quite a bit longer. We may relax some of the restrictions to show units and allow customers in to look at boxes, but things have actually gone quite smooth after we were frantically putting processes and procedures in place.

I'd actually like to see me and my employees get more comfortable with the processes so we could continue to use them in the future.

Comment

Finally, my "Mr. Ed" style dutch door doesn't seem so weird anymore. Nobody has ever entered my building to rent a storage unit, so other than holding up a box of new pens and allowing the customer to take one to use and keep, nothing will change with how I do business. The closest we ever get is in the golf cart when I show them a unit. They sit in back and I drive.

We've been open all along.
                      In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

We work from our call center and our Kiosks and also the internet, so it has not been that bad for us, but we got a few wanting to waive late fees and we have waived a few on a case by case situation.
                        Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

Our mgt office is ordering us sneeze guards-and I've been renting units, albeit 'remotely'.
                          Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Here in Pennsylvania we are considered "life sustaining", so we never closed.

We are conduction "face to face" business through a window with no face to face contact. Masks and gloves are worn.
                            Currency is sanitized with a wipe.

We're doing what we can, but life is never without risks...

Comment

I may decide not to reopen my office at all following this. I am thinking of just going to being open when I am here and then by appointment. Then encourage online rentals and payments like I have been the next month.

Right now my office is set to be closed at least through May 8th. I am not opening my office up on day 1 that it might be allowed. I am pretty sure I will be extending my closure to the end of May soon but I have not made that decision yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X