Auctions or Abandons during Covid 19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auctions or Abandons during Covid 19?

Is anyone still doing their regularly scheduled auctions during this time or have the suspended them until after - and at what point is it considered after?
    Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

We rarely have auctions, but I have been sticking to our notices as far as sending them out, etc. My boss lady just told me yesterday we will resume lock cuts etc. beginning of June!

Comment

We are resuming auctions, the next one will be in August.

Comment

What is this auction process you are speaking of? It has been 3.5 years since I had to do one.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          What is this auction process you are speaking of? It has been 3.5 years since I had to do one.
          BRAGGART!!! I've gone as long as 8 months but never 3.5 years. Congratulations!

Comment

This month of May marks 5 months in a row where I have "zero" receivables/late fees at the end of the month. Have done it many times and even numerous 3 month periods in a row, but last month was the first 4 months in a row and now this month is 5 months in a row.

About 4 years ago I got the approval to not show empty units at the web site, so that someone I have never talked to is able to rent a unit. They have to call in and talk to me. I vet the individual very thoroughly, on the phone or in person, before I ever rent a unit. It is my way to keep the mix on the facility smooth and having no drama. The right mix means a very low chance of auctions.

Comment

We suspended our entire process, the only letters going out are the Have You Forgotten notices but even those don't carry a late fee. I asked yesterday if our Property Management company had a timeframe in mind for reinstating things. They said probably when our Governor allows us to enter Phase 2, so who knows when that will be. I have 2 that should have gone to auction back in late February but have been on hold during the COVID closures.
              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I will schedule and put the ad in the newspaper as soon as most businesses open. The target for that currently is July 4th, so I will probably auction toward the end of July. And a couple of these were ready to be sold right when this started.
                MamaDuke

Comment

We just placed the ad in the paper the other day. This is our first auction and this tenant has had issues before COVID hit. They call us, kinda hassle us a bit with the following pitty party stories: my aunt has died for the 7th time, junior just broke his leg, my washer is out, my aunt died (again), I will come up tomorrow to pay, never shows up. Farewell!

Comment

Just had one. It was a month late, but we are operating as normal.

Comment

I had put this question to Amy, and she suggested the forum so we could all compare/commiserate together. I have a unit that was to go to auction March 31st, no payment since November. Well my company postponed it and now it is legally considered abandoned as it hasn't been paid for in 6 months. (I'm in Florida). Just wanted other perspectives and to know how anyone else is dealing with this. Thanks All!

Comment

Well, if it is "legally considered abandoned" I see no problems. I am assuming in Florida the state never put a hold on self storage auctions but facilities may have done it to keep people happy. The thing is, no money since November, open it up and clear it out and sell what you can. I would advertise on CL or equivalent and sell it and get a deposit till cleared out in no more than 72 hours. Get it open.

Comment

Here in NJ my company is still on pause!
                          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                            Here in NJ my company is still on pause!
                            Not surprised with that Governor.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

Not surprised with that Governor.
                              Insert my sad face here!
                              I agree with you Pac!
                              Last edited by lady5563; 22nd May 2020, 02:15 PM. Reason: Added more info
                              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X