PTI/Storlogix - Assigning Areas of Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI/Storlogix - Assigning Areas of Property

Looking for insight on how to assign my tenants to their areas of access. In order to keep tenants from accidentally going into the wrong halls, for example. Ie: Mr. Johns has a unit in D hall, he will only need access to our main gate and D hall keypads. Any insight? I know there is a way and have submitted a support ticket, but I know staff is limited in most places.

I know it can be done because we give access only to a specific floor of a specific building. But we had it set up by a vendor, so I don't know the specifics.
    MamaDuke

Comment

Thank you MamaDuke .
      Robert ?
      If not, I'll wait for tech support. I'm assuming it will be time consuming, however, it is something I want to do when everything else is done or hard rainy days (we're expecting Cristobal soon) when I'm mostly inside.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
        Thank you MamaDuke .
        Robert ?
        If not, I'll wait for tech support. I'm assuming it will be time consuming, however, it is something I want to do when everything else is done or hard rainy days (we're expecting Cristobal soon) when I'm mostly inside.
        Hi,

What you have to have is called "Keypad Zones". The tenant is assigned a zone at move in, that only allows them to use keypads into areas where they are allowed access.

1: If your Management software allows for it, you will need to enter the zone in there for each tenant. Some management softwares only send a value of "1" for this field and don't allow you to change it.

2: If you can't change the keypad zone in your management software, then in Digi you have to set up what are called "Pre-Defined Keypad Zones". Basically, the software will assign a zone number based on the unit number. These can be rather tedious to set up depending on how your site is numbered.

3: To get better support on our end, find out beforehand from your management software support if you can assign a keypad zone or not.

4: Performing the actual setups on our end will require one of our techs to remote into your computer. Having all of the info beforehand on how many zones you need and what keypads can access each one will make things go quicker.

Robert Toy
        PTI Security Systems (A division of HID Global)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

Hi,

What you have to have is called "Keypad Zones". The tenant is assigned a zone at move in, that only allows them to use keypads into areas where they are allowed access.

1: If your Management software allows for it, you will need to enter the zone in there for each tenant. Some management softwares only send a value of "1" for this field and don't allow you to change it.

2: If you can't change the keypad zone in your management software, then in Digi you have to set up what are called "Pre-Defined Keypad Zones". Basically, the software will assign a zone number based on the unit number. These can be rather tedious to set up depending on how your site is numbered.

3: To get better support on our end, find out beforehand from your management software support if you can assign a keypad zone or not.

4: Performing the actual setups on our end will require one of our techs to remote into your computer. Having all of the info beforehand on how many zones you need and what keypads can access each one will make things go quicker.

Robert Toy
          I have SiteLink and they do allow it. Thank you for your help. I'm excited to get everything up and running when support reaches out
          One more question: The function to allow tenants to Exit the gate after hours, setting it to 24 hour exit, is something we have been wanting to do, as well. It is one gate, entrance side is keypad 1, exit is keypad 2...Do I just set keypad 2 as 24 hour access?

Comment

I have SiteLink and they do allow it. Thank you for your help. I'm excited to get everything up and running when support reaches out
            One more question: The function to allow tenants to Exit the gate after hours, setting it to 24 hour exit, is something we have been wanting to do, as well. It is one gate, entrance side is keypad 1, exit is keypad 2...Do I just set keypad 2 as 24 hour access?

No, what you want to do is set your exit keypad "Exit After Close" setting to "Always". See the instructions here on how to set that.

http://wiki.ptisecurity.com/General_...EKSWCTlinkshow

Robert Toy

Comment

No, what you want to do is set your exit keypad "Exit After Close" setting to "Always". See the instructions here on how to set that.

http://wiki.ptisecurity.com/General_...EKSWCTlinkshow

Robert Toy
              Do you have something for StorLogix? Or would it be the same?

Comment

Do you have something for StorLogix? Or would it be the same?

For StorLogix, use these instructions.

http://wiki.ptisecurity.com/General_...DISUEKlinkshow

Robert Toy

Comment

For StorLogix, use these instructions.

http://wiki.ptisecurity.com/General_...DISUEKlinkshow

Robert Toy
                  SWEET! I got that set-up. I used the "grace period" to see how well that works first. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

So, just an update: We were able to get everyone assigned and have already alluded several tenants from entering the wrong buildings. We ran into a snag when StorLogix denied everyone who had a code but not a unit, access to the halls. One more phone call though and everything is doing great!

Comment

Robert I'm having a new issue with the grace period I set for late exits. Hopefully you can add some insight? I have it setup for 30 minutes past gate hours (10pm), however, I have some tenants that are being able to exit at 10:45pm and one that didn't leave until 12:05am last night! I have it programmed just as the instructions say to, but they're still being allowed to get thru. Any advice?

Comment

Robert I'm having a new issue with the grace period I set for late exits. Hopefully you can add some insight? I have it setup for 30 minutes past gate hours (10pm), however, I have some tenants that are being able to exit at 10:45pm and one that didn't leave until 12:05am last night! I have it programmed just as the instructions say to, but they're still being allowed to get thru. Any advice?
                        Hi. I'd have to se the exact setups to be sure, but I don't have the remote viewing software like the technicians do. I would first check that your exit keypad is set up to remove tenants from your main area to "Offsite". Also make sure in your falcon XT setting (step 4) you have the option set as "Timed Late Exit".

(See this web page for instructions: http://wiki.ptisecurity.com/General_...DISUEKlinkshow )

If these items do not fix your issue, you'll need to get one of our techs to remote into your machine and take a look.

Regards,

Robert Toy
                        PTI Security Systems (A Division of HID Global)

Comment

Robert This is how I have it setup:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Robert This is how I have it setup:
                            Have you checked the individual tenant and see what their access is?
                            "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
                            WA state

Comment

KrisinWA I have. It's a couple different tenants. I'm also noticing our anti-passback feature isn't working. I am going to have to break down and submit a ticket...Tech was doing so great about callbacks but they've gone back to taking days to respond

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X