How Many Times A Week Do you Deal with Forgotten Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Times A Week Do you Deal with Forgotten Codes

I'm curious. How many times a week do you get calls or people at the facility that forget their codes.
    Every tenant is give their code , it's written on their contract and they get an email after they rent their unit to please save for future.
    We had used unit number and last 4 digits of their phone number. We started using the last 7 digits of their phone number for new tenants several months ago.
    I can't believe how many don't bother keeping their codes .

Just about daily. The Code we give is the four digits for their unit number, then the last four of their social....
    Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

It’s actually extremely rare for us. I give folks the option to set their own cod. Most people have a specific code that they can remember.

Comment

Rarely. Everybody chooses their own 4 digit codes. I didn't want the hassles of people forgetting some random code I gave them and bugging me after hours or on days the office is closed.

Funny thing is, I bet 80% of the people have given me their ATM PIN codes. When I ask them what 4 digit code they'd like to use, they either rattle off a code without thinking about it, or they pretend as if they're trying to think of some random code and then quickly rattle off a clearly commonly used string of numbers.

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Eh it happens, but not daily!

I use the last 4 of the phone number and the 2 digit unit number!
          Our access code is 6 digits!
          Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Weekly. I have a sign at the keypad that says to text their ID to me if they forgot the code.

I respond quickly, but they usually get impatient and call 30 seconds later while I am still looking it up on the app.

Comment

One of our new system allows the tenant to put in their phone number at the keypad and it will text them the gate code.

Comment

Originally posted by StorageMgrNC View Post
                One of our new system allows the tenant to put in their phone number at the keypad and it will text them the gate code.
                That is such a cool feature!

Comment

We don't have as many people who forget their code as those who don't know whether to hit the * or # key after, even thought it's posted on the actual keypad to "Enter Code and * "

Comment

I tell people when they rent, "I STRONGLY recommend you put this code into your cell phone as a contact number"...most do and I have very few problems here. In fact, most of the time there's a problem, it's somebody trying to access a unit that doesn't belong to them anyways.

Comment

Our code is the tenant's phone number minus the area code. They then press *. There is a sign that explains this posted at the keypad. At least once a month I get a call from someone trying to get in. When I check the logs, they always are entering their code with the area code. Not even sure why we bothered with the signs.

Comment

Weekly. They always forget to push pound after the number.
                        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post
                          Our code is the tenant's phone number minus the area code. They then press *. There is a sign that explains this posted at the keypad. At least once a month I get a call from someone trying to get in. When I check the logs, they always are entering their code with the area code. Not even sure why we bothered with the signs.
                          Anyone, badguys, can see the sign and just start entering phone numbers, you may want to re-think your sign..

We have it happen all the time. the beginning of the month is worst because they call after hours about their code not working and I explain they probably missed the payment a few days ago and need to come back during regular business hours.

Comment

Several times a week here. And, it's a mix of long-time tenants and newer ones. And if it's the # or * and when to enter it is an issue as well.
                            Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_hajewski View Post
                              Weekly. I have a sign at the keypad that says to text their ID to me if they forgot the code.

I respond quickly, but they usually get impatient and call 30 seconds later while I am still looking it up on the app.
                              Good Idea man!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• JulieA
                                Reply to Cleaning Hacks
                                by JulieA
                                I am looking for recommendations for a battery operated leaf blower/vac combo. Battery operated backpack sprayer. And cleaning carts! I would love to see pictures of cleaning carts and the supplies you use! Trying to make some changes!
                                Today, 09:55 AM
                              • RandyL
                                Reply to Disaster In Iowa
                                by RandyL
                                Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
                                Today, 01:46 AM
                              • Clarkstoragellc
                                Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
                                by Clarkstoragellc
                                Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
                                Yesterday, 06:23 PM
                              Working...
                              X