Refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refunds

Last month on two separate occasions I've had customers come in, rent a unit, and return the following day asking for a refund and cancelation. They never moved anything into the units and I've felt that returning the money is the ethical thing to do. What do you guys do in these types of situations?

We also have a 72 hour "buyers remorse" period.
    They must not have attempted to come to the location, put anything in the unit and of course no lock must be on the unit.
    And ya know, we do TRY and get the tenant to put the lock on unit immediately after renting BUT sometimes when they are leaving the office and are instructed to go to the keypad, enter your code, go in and put the lock on, they all say okay and then turn out of the driveway without entering.
    By asking them to put the lock on ASAP, it can avoid having to give a refund!

Disclaimer: I don't make the rules and policies, I just follow them to the best of my ability!
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Only if they’ve not used it for anything and then yes , but I keep our $20.00 admin fee . I want to be compensated for staffs time to do the rental .

Comment

We have as well, keeping the $25 admin fee.
        Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

I would refund it minus the Admin fee. However, I have had an increase in people paying for months ahead of time, say 6 months. Then they come back in 4 months and say Oh gosh I don't need the unit anymore I want a refund. In the lease, on the addendum, and posted in the office it clearly states NO REFUNDS. I will tell them no, and show them the signs and their lease that they signed. If they push back and start to get an attitude with me at that point I just say sorry, I cant give you a refund. I work for a property management company that has a very strict no refund policy. If you wish to debate the point then you can call them and see what they say. Good Luck with that. Sometimes we will refund the money, other times no. Depends on the reasons and the tenant.
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Oh yes, we refund minus the $20. admin fee too!
            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I will only refund if they change their mind the same day and I can just void the whole thing. Otherwise, at the very least I keep the Admin Fee and the fee for the day they tied up the space.
              MamaDuke

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
                Reply to Disaster In Iowa
                by RandyL
                Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
                Today, 01:46 AM
              • Clarkstoragellc
                Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
                by Clarkstoragellc
                Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
                Yesterday, 06:23 PM
              • Clarkstoragellc
                Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
                by Clarkstoragellc
                Customer Considerations:
                CONSIDERATIONS FOR RV OR VEHICLE STORAGE

A. Pull through- The front, pull as far forward as possible, gives the person next to you an easier angle to turn into, from behind you. Align your front with the fronts of all other vehicles. Be...
                Yesterday, 06:22 PM
              Working...
              X