Bizarre Phone Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre Phone Call

Someone just reserved a 10x10 climate unit through our website for later this month. He just called me, and this is how the conversation went:

Customer: "Yes, I just reserved a unit on your website for later this month. I'm confused by your units. I see non-climate and climate. What does that mean? Does non-climate mean it's air-conditioned and climate means it's not?"

Me: [explains the obvious]

Customer: "I also saw where you have a move-in special, 2nd month 50% off. What does that mean?"

Me: [explains the obvious]

He asked the "What does that mean?" question with a big emphasis on "mean" as if he was just completely befuddled. Seems like a nice guy, but wow, what an odd couple of things to be confused about. Just goes to show you no matter how clearly you word things, there will ALWAYS be someone, somewhere, who still is confused, lol!
    Last edited by RMRSS; 11 July 2020, 12:02 PM.

What does that meeeannnn? It's a deal, just take it, pal.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

And by the way...just how big IS your 10X10 unit??

Comment

"On your 10X10 unit...what's the width of that?" "It's 10 ft" "Oh ok, and what's the depth of it??" "Yeah, it's gonna be 10 ft as well, bud"
        I have a 3br home to store, how much is your 5X10 unit?"
        We get that all the time asking what the difference between climate and non-climate is. Well, one is in a hallway with a/c in the summer and heat in the winter...the other one is like storing your items in a garage.
        "I need to store [insert large item here, that couldn't possibly fit in a hallway] can I get a climate unit?" You could but your ridiculously large item won't fit in our hall, so you should go with a drive-up unit" "Lemme get the climate" **10 minutes later** "I can't get my ridiculously large item in the hall" "Hmm, that's weird, let's transfer you to a drive-up unit, but there will be a transfer fee"
        Last edited by AngelaESSTX; 11 July 2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Oh just wait until you get in an area that markets all types of different "terms".... In our Vegas market looking at competitors we have climate controlled / air cooled / humidity controlled / in door *the insides with no hvac aspects* / drive up. Imagine that customer trying to find a unit in that town.

Very rarely do I get those types of customers, the times I do it's either someone very elderly or so young they have no real world experience.

Comment

Yes I’d like to rent a 5x5 storage unit .
            Me: What are you storing
            Oh just a couple things
            Me: Any furniture ?
            Yes but just a bedroom suite and my kitchen set and another twin bed and a couch and a few boxes .
            Me: Well you’re going to need something bigger then a 5x5
            Oh really ? How much is that going to be
            Me: quotes prices

Ok thank you . Click

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
              Reply to Disaster In Iowa
              by RandyL
              Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
              Today, 01:46 AM
            • Clarkstoragellc
              Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
              by Clarkstoragellc
              Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
              Yesterday, 06:23 PM
            • Clarkstoragellc
              Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
              by Clarkstoragellc
              Customer Considerations:
              CONSIDERATIONS FOR RV OR VEHICLE STORAGE

A. Pull through- The front, pull as far forward as possible, gives the person next to you an easier angle to turn into, from behind you. Align your front with the fronts of all other vehicles. Be...
              Yesterday, 06:22 PM
            Working...
            X