Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've complained about this before. Apparently I'm a bully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've complained about this before. Apparently I'm a bully.

I'm cruising through my collection notifications and have several in Pre-lien status. I send a text to a certain lady because I know she checks her phone.
    It goes along the lines of
    Just a reminder from storage. Unit XXX is past due and in Pre-Lien to Auction status. Please call, stop by or pay online blah blah blah.
    Innocuous, no? Same thing I send to everybody, with slight variations.
    She immediately replies (after radio silence for a month of past due reminders).
    "How dare you use threatening language to me! Telling me I'm in Pre-lien already? That's ridiculous."
    This lady has been late for the entire time she's been here, and (as a former tenant) previously left after paying half when in auction status. *facepalm*
    I reply-We're not threatening, we're informing you of what's going on. As required by state lien laws. Also, all of this information is on your rules and regulations page.
    "Well, you ought to change the wording. It's threatening." (really lady?)
    Me: Every self storage uses similar wording, sorry. (it's like we're doing something new all of the sudden)
    "Okay then. Send me an invoice of what I owe."
    Yep.

Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Your signature is the best response to your post.
    Kevin Kerr
    Storage Commander Cloud Software
    k[email protected]
    Direct - 951.867.4732

Comment

Sounds like a winner. Our monthly invoices were automatically sent out the other day and I received a text from this tenant who says I have reminded you several times that I do not get paid by the government until the 4th of every month. So I return fire and say I've also reminded you several times that your rent is past due by the 7th these are automated messages that are sent out as a reminder. He always wraps up the text by saying how he has to go to church and to have a blessed day. These people are always the biggest landmines lurking out there. It kills me to say that because I'm a Christian!

As far as your problem goes I would just ignore this entitled prick. Lord only know how many other calls they are getting daily about past due bills!

Comment

She is probably one of those people who will find anything to get offended about. They take advantage over and over and when you finally have to tell them how it is all of the sudden you are threatening. Oh please! Some people just never change. I would think twice about renting to her again.There have been a few people who told me they rented here years ago... I look up their vacate report and see all the negative notes left by the manager at that time, and see they left owing money or went to auction. Thats a hard pass for me, I'll say something like " Im sorry we have nothing available right now, unless of course you'd like to pay your previous balance of $$$ you owed from the last time your unit went to auction......Oh and we are going to need a bigger deposit....." That usually gets them off the phone really quickly.
        I have one or two o those tenants, so I completely understand the eye rolling that accompanies your post LOL!
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
          He always wraps up the text by saying how he has to go to church and to have a blessed day. These people are always the biggest landmines lurking out there.
          I call those folks "the 5%-er's"
          Because they are only Christian 5% of the time!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Oh goodness. I wouldn't even respond to those retorts. They're upset that they may lose their things and are responding with emotion rather than logic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
              Reply to Disaster In Iowa
              by RandyL
              Clarkstoragellc T_Champeau

Thanks for the great advice luckily this is not my first disaster. But I have come across many lessons learnt that I will need to improve on for the future. In regards to tenant notifications, and use of cloud computing software.

I have just...
              Today, 01:46 AM
            • Clarkstoragellc
              Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
              by Clarkstoragellc
              Do your return and profitability calcs. Parking has a very low return compared to storage. Not a very good first storage investment, unless you happened to find cheap wasteground, or cheap ground that already had hardsurface....
              Yesterday, 06:23 PM
            • Clarkstoragellc
              Reply to New startup business in the midwest....
              by Clarkstoragellc
              Customer Considerations:
              CONSIDERATIONS FOR RV OR VEHICLE STORAGE

A. Pull through- The front, pull as far forward as possible, gives the person next to you an easier angle to turn into, from behind you. Align your front with the fronts of all other vehicles. Be...
              Yesterday, 06:22 PM
            Working...
            X