Damaged Truck-Lock Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Truck-Lock Out

What's your policy if a customer damages your rental truck? Do you lock him out of his unit until resolved?

Another reason to not have a rental truck at the facility. For some it works, but in the "entitlement era" this is what happens and I bet it is a common occurrence across the US of A, along with all the other horror stories that have been posted here over the years, and that is just the members here.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

When I had one, they had to have their own insurance and a substantial cash deposit. If necessary, an insurance claim was filed!
      MamaDuke

Comment

I have never rented trucks, my first question would be did they pay for extra insurance? Or provide a copy of theirs?

Comment

Originally posted by QuickTrip View Post
          What's your policy if a customer damages your rental truck? Do you lock him out of his unit until resolved?
          Be careful, you very likely have no legal right to restrict his access to his storage unit, unless your storage rental agreement states you can or your truck rental agreement states you can in the case of a dispute (which I doubt since you're asking). I assume they're two completely separate agreements, and you open yourself and your ownership (if you're not the owner) to liability.

Don't make a bad situation worse.

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

How does your truck rental work? Did you require proof of his insurance? HIS insurance should cover it.
            You can't deny him access to his unit if it's paid up though-. You can put a note that he's never to use the truck again however.
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

That's a nice thing about having U-Haul trucks, not our problem!! Somebody damages a truck, or steals it...U-Haul's problem!

Comment

Sorry, but I can never and will never allow U-Fail on my lot with their trucks. So many stories here about low income from them and cluster messed appointments and just general mayhem. Some like 'em though and more power to ya.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I will ask the Operations Manager about this. This has been a practice, but I do not see it in the truck contract.

I'm beginning to look at all the contracts, and finding that since customers trust us, they don't question. But all you need is one person...

Comment

Originally posted by dtinfla View Post
                    That's a nice thing about having U-Haul trucks, not our problem!! Somebody damages a truck, or steals it...U-Haul's problem!
                    Well maybe our AFM at the time was wrong, but we were a UHaul dealer for a few years, and when we had a tow dolly stolen, he told us we were responsible for doing all the legwork getting the police report and such. That ticked me off as well as the fact that when I once needed to rent a UHaul myself, I was told we got no discount as a dealer because "you already get a commission" . Umm, that goes to the owners, who did none of the work for UHaul, not to me! "Oh well" was our AFM's response. I couldn't believe it (and we were one of the highest grossing dealers in town and here it was just me 6 days a week while also trying to manage a large storage facility). So glad we're no longer a UHaul dealer!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• lady5563
                      Reply to Website Developers- Who do you use?
                      by lady5563
                      NO! Wake up and taste the Maxwell House Dark Roast!
                      It warms the soul!...
                      Today, 03:41 PM
                    • lady5563
                      Reply to Here We Go...!
                      by lady5563
                      I take my deposits to the bank myself.
                      I use the drive up and get a receipt for each deposit.
                      It seems as though the poster maybe used a night time drop off box and that was why the bank had to call the OP to inform of the deposit being short?...
                      Today, 03:29 PM
                    • RMRSS
                      Reply to Contracts are legal documents, DUH.
                      by RMRSS
                      Honestly I've never heard anyone have an issue with this before. In fact, all our contracts are electronic, so we type the info directly into SiteLink and the customer eSigns it on the screen. I've never had a tenant fill out the informational part even when we had paper contracts. So many people...
                      Today, 02:37 PM
                    Working...
                    X