Reservation fees and timeframes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservation fees and timeframes

Good morning all. I was wondering how long you hold reservations for and if you charge for them.
    "A Dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself".

I only hold reservations for 14 days from the date they are made. My software does not allow a limit when people place reservations, and sometimes people try to make reservations 30+ days out. We address those over the phone.

We charge a $5+ tax reservation fee, which is applied towards the first months rent, when the reservation is done on our web site. Many times when a tenant reserves a unit on the phone with us I waive the fee. This is a practice I am going to stop doing for future reservations. I will soon start charging for future date reservations over the phone due to an increase in cancellations recently.

I will still help people over the phone with free reservations for same day move ins.

I have also considered increasing the reservation cost.

Comment

No worries here about reservations. I don't do or allow them. I don't get a cringe feeling from my tenants with a reservation and they show up and my spidey senses go off wildly. I have rented at the web site after allowing a unit to be seen at the web site and that happens only after a long talk on the phone to get a feel for the person.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Depending on availability, we will hold a reservation for a week. We do not charge for reservations.

Comment

I no longer charge for reservations. The max I will do is 7 days, but if a unit is the last one or two, then 24 hours.
          MamaDuke

Comment

First come, first served. I've been burned too many times when holding a unit.

Comment

No Reservations here either. Too many cancel. I could have rented to someone else.
              I tell everyone, If you are going to need it in two weeks I would rent ASAP as we rent online and I have told folks the day before I have a unit. They show up and it was gone to an online rental.
              Joe Krezdorn
              DAK Self Storage
              Leesport, PA 19533
              www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

7 days here

Comment

We charge $25 and only hold for 4 days. The $25 will go to the first month if they rent, but its non-refundable so we generally only get serious people reserving.

Comment

We don't do reservations or online rentals. I like to talk to people and make sure they are a good fit, know what unit size they actually need, know the gate hours, site rules, etc.
                    Linden Mini Storage, Reno, Nevada
                    www.MiniStorageReno.com

Comment

If they call in morning, I will hold till close, that is all. Many times no show. We don't charge any fee.

Comment

If I have quite a few of a certain size I will hold the unit for a week without a deposit.

If I have 1 or 2 then I will hold for a day. I will hold 3 days with a deposit which is credited towards the first month's rent.
                        The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleG View Post
                          We don't do reservations or online rentals. I like to talk to people and make sure they are a good fit, know what unit size they actually need, know the gate hours, site rules, etc.
                          This.

In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

I say it all depends of availability. If you only have a couple of that size/kind then no. If you have more then sure for a short period. It also depends on the customer. If it's a current/previous good tenant then absolutely. If not, chances are they are shopping around.

Comment

Just had a woman that has been calling for almost a month for a 10x25 or 10x30 in the heated building. Told her that for some reason people rent the big units and stay forever. She called this week to come and look at two 10x15's in CC building. Set appointment for today at lunch. One of them rented online. I told her to rent asap. No one ever believes me.
                              She should have rented online.
                              Joe Krezdorn
                              DAK Self Storage
                              Leesport, PA 19533
                              www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X