Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random phone calls-are you getting them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random phone calls-are you getting them?

Now, you have to remember that half of WA state is from out of state (including me). But I get 5-6 calls a day from places like (todays examples) Highland, CA, Java Center, NY, Carnation, WA and Everett, WA.
    Of course, I answer them all, and get a 'silence' then a 'click' as they hang up. I do a bit of research and most of them come up as possible spam.
    I guess they're not looking for businesses to scam.
    "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
    WA state

I get these on my personal cell daily! So annoying! My phone will ring, I decline the call (if out of state) and then my phone pops up saying so proudly and pathetically "Spam Call Blocked!". No homegirl, it still very much so went thru

Comment

Yea, I tried putting my numbers on the FTC's National Do Not Call Registry (https://www.donotcall.gov/) which seemed to help a bit, but scammers don't care about that. When I get a number that I know is still trying to do something shady I just block them from calling in the future...which doesn't help much because they just use a different number.
      Last edited by Kevin SC; 11 November 2020, 04:15 PM.
      Kevin Kerr
      Storage Commander Cloud Software
      k[email protected]
      Toll Free: 877.672.6257
      Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

During the cell ringing, personal and work, a warning comes up as possible spam and I never answer and when it stops I block that number, especially if no message is left. That Federal Do Not Call Registry is a joke since the scammers/spammers are not getting shut down or fined because of the lobbies that pay off the politicians. If I am bored, I will answer and if recording I hang up and block. If is a live person, I make them feel as small as I can but do tell them that I am sorry they have to settle for working for a POS company that they work for.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Yes! Many times daily. I now know that if it is just a city name and a number, it's going to go dead. I just answer on speaker phone now since I know no one will be there! SOOOO annoying to get them constantly!
          MamaDuke

Comment

Such a waste of time.
            I wish it would stop.
            Tired of Amy from G00gle telling me my website is not verified.
            Joe Krezdorn
            DAK Self Storage
            Leesport, PA 19533
            www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
              Such a waste of time.
              I wish it would stop.
              Oh oh, me too!
              "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
              WA state

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
                Such a waste of time.
                I wish it would stop.
                And let's not forget that our car warranty has expired and we need to hurry up and renew it!!!
                MamaDuke

Comment

What about the "This is your last warning..." Um... please, let it be my last warning! Stop calling me twice a day every day if its my last warning.

Comment

I just got my 10th "last warning" yesterday about extended warranty that I do not even have. being from the automotive repair field as an ASE Master Tech and ASE Service Consultant and over 25+ years as a service manager, I never ever owned an extended warranty or even recommend them at all. If anyone is interested, I can explain why I am against them and can make recommendations about them if you just have to have one. In short, buying an extended warranty is like gambling and thinking that you have odds in your favor like the gambling house does. More detail involved but that is the gist of it.

Hell, I block those ext warranty calls and they still call back with another number. I know it is the same company because of the "last warning" phrase.

Comment

I've been getting multiple calls daily. Too many to count. I don't answer if I don't have any tenants or customers in the office or on the property. I can usually tell is a bogus call when it comes up as local. But there's no zip code or name on the caller ID. As soon as I answer...dead silence.

The worst was someone claiming to be from Cascade Natural Gas and threatening to shut off our gas. Mind you this was on a Saturday. They're also not disconnecting people due to the pandemic. We were only behind 1 month and they claimed we owed $2,000! When I asked why it was so high, the "rep" got snooty with me and said "that's what the computer is showing me, ma'am". I knew it was a scam and hung up on them. I reported them to the FTC, WA Attorney General, and Cascade.

Comment

We use www.NoMoRobo.com and it cuts about 1/2 of them out.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
                          I never ever owned an extended warranty or even recommend them at all. If anyone is interested, I can explain why I am against them and can make recommendations about them if you just have to have one. In short, buying an extended warranty is like gambling and thinking that you have odds in your favor like the gambling house does.
                          With my last suv I did have the extended warranty (bought it used) and it didn't cover squat! After all the issues, I bought my current suv brand new back in May. If anything goes wrong with it, I'll know I'm the one that did it and not some previous issue the dealership covered up from me. I still get calls about my extended warranty expiring. I laugh and tell them my manufacture warranty is still good for 3 more years

Comment

That is why when people buy an extended warranty when they have a new car with at least a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years or 36k miles, I call that extended warranty, "Instead of Warranty". If someone just has to buy one, because the salesman says "It covers everything" and the buyer believes them, only do it after the bumper to bumper warranty expires but even then it is a bad idea, percentage wise.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
                              Now, you have to remember that half of WA state is from out of state (including me). But I get 5-6 calls a day from places like (todays examples) Highland, CA, Java Center, NY, Carnation, WA and Everett, WA.
                              Of course, I answer them all, and get a 'silence' then a 'click' as they hang up. I do a bit of research and most of them come up as possible spam.
                              I guess they're not looking for businesses to scam.
                              Word got out on the dark web on how pleasant you are...so they are all calling to see for themselves
                              --
                              Ron

http://n6ach.com
                              http://laws.n6ach.com
                              [email protected]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X