Storage Gone Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Gone Wrong

Watch this. Let me know your thoughts. I was mortified. I sent this video to my entire team.
    Imagine just about every single possession you own dumped into a landfill. It happened to a woman in Tooele, when Stansbury Park Storage claimed she was late on her payments.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    President
    A+ Management Group, LP
    Nashville, TN
    www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Wow! Just WOW! The manager was way out of line and it seems there is some shady business going on there! I really feel bad for the tenant(s) this happened to and hope they get justice!

Comment

Oh my goodness. This stuff is infuriating to me, the lack of professionalism and honesty. The business is clearly in the wrong and that's why they can't produce documentation. Document, document, document!

Comment

Just insane and poor management. This is one of the big reasons we call our tenants when they are about to go late and when they are in lien. Just a small gesture to make sure there isn't something on your end that your screwed up on. Even just a quick file audit on tenants that are past due to make sure their autopayment wasn't overlooked or their card expired.

People in that area just saw what poor customer service will do for you in our line of work. I'd be shocked to hear if those managers were still working there.

Comment

Terrible management. No knowledge of lien laws. No oversight. What a horrendous shame. ~NO paperwork?~ You mean 'I threw that paperwork away to avoid getting busted."
          "Carpe the HECK out of this diem."
          WA state

Comment

Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post
            Watch this. Let me know your thoughts. I was mortified. I sent this video to my entire team.
            WA state

Comment

I wonder if they cut the wrong unit for auction and auctioned it off by accident? Then lied all over the place about it.
              WA state

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
                I wonder if they cut the wrong unit for auction and auctioned it off by accident? Then lied all over the place about it.
                It sounds like this was a regular occurrence for them to do this...way too often to be a mistake. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they got away with it so many times they felt comfortable with it. Probably falsely cutting locks so they can sell tenants' units and pocket the money; perhaps why they stated it was trashed and no record of it being auctioned. This whole scenario screams red flags.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post
                  Go online and read their reviews. This has been going on for two years!! Unbelievable.
                  Stephanie Tharpe
                  President
                  A+ Management Group, LP
                  Nashville, TN
                  www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                  www.tnssa.net

Comment

Sounds like the crooked manager(s) run the place and not the owner. There has to be processes in place and followed. I don't call anyone that is close to a late fee and lock out unless it is a tenant that always pays on time and I feel I should check. I send out emails all the time and warn them to look for the emails. I also tell EVERY tenant on auto pay to look for the emailed receipt just after midnight on the 1st. I warn them that if they don't see a receipt, to call me. I tell them to open and verify what any emails says when they see the heading of the facility name. "Do not assume it is a receipt and never open it. Open it and verify what the email is".
                    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

WOW!!!
                      I check and double check in a case as such.
                      Autopay sometimes does not go through, but they get an email that it did not. If they don't get the email, they should receive the late notices and Certified letters.
                      Sure makes the industry look bad.
                      Joe Krezdorn
                      DAK Self Storage
                      Leesport, PA 19533
                      www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

The owners of the company we had enough of finally and just left were notorious for cutting locks, seeing a unit full of items that in their ivory tower eyes were "junk" and literally empty the unit, sometimes by taking it down the road and illegally dumping it. One of the owners even got caught by a local news organization in the area for dumping it on the road and laughed it off when it was reported.

Comment

This is terrible. We always double check, send letter, certified for auction letters, etc. Very Shady. Hope she gets some justice.

Comment

WOW what a story!!

I tell all our customers that we would much rather have their money and NOT their stuff, its much easier that way.

I wonder how they were processing the cards each month?

Just from the body language of the manager I would guess she has dirty hands and probably decorated her apt. with stuff from tenants who "lost" their units

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X