Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storedge Billing>Payments.... Better Privacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storedge Billing>Payments.... Better Privacy?

Hello all,

We use Storedge for our facility management.
    I have contacted Storedge support about this, but there doesn't seem to be a solution. I have also played with it myself, but can't get anywhere...

Not sure if this bothers anyone else...?

If you click the Billing button (on the left), then click the Payment tab (upper right) ALL of the facility's payments EVER received are displayed. This is good information for an owner or manager, but I don't think that a clerk (or someone under a manager) should have access to all of our gross sale information at the click of a button?

Any thoughts, solutions?

Thank you

Are you sure you can't set up different employee access?
    In QuikStor I can control every person I gave access to log in to what they can see or do.
    Joe Krezdorn
    DAK Self Storage
    Leesport, PA 19533
    www.dakselfstorage.com

Comment

I am sure there may be a way to disable that, but it would end up disabling other features that may prove helpful for customer service needs.

I agree with you I don't like that information being there.

Comment

Originally posted by dakselfstorage View Post
        Are you sure you can't set up different employee access?
        In QuikStor I can control every person I gave access to log in to what they can see or do.
        I would like to think that there is, but it is not very explicit on the page that allows the owner to assign roles/permissions.

Comment

Just like on a cell or your computer, isn't there a "settings" in different sections for this. Like dakselfstorage said, QuikStor is capable of doing all that. The owner has me locked out of a couple things on my system. that is fine with me because then he can never say I should not do this or be in that or change something, because I can't.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

Comment

Under Corp > User Setting > Roles > Under here you can adjust all user settings. I would create a dummy user that you can test the changes to make sure you have the desired results.
            Thanks!

Comment

Hi 126whitetail. We have permission under our corporate roles at the facility level that will remove the Billing tab completely. If your concern is around a user (other than a manager) having visibility here, that would be your best path. The Permission is under Basicscalled View Invoices. If this is unchecked, the user(s) under that role will no longer see the billing tab but will also not be able to see detailed invoices on the tenant documents record. If for some reason a user other than a manager does need to use this tab, we'd recommend leaving it checked. We do not currently have more granular permissions in this section to isolate/limit visibility other than the entire tab itself.
              The recommendation of setting up a dummy account from evansr would work for testing our guidance too. Please let me know if you should need any further assistance. Thank you, Amy C.

Comment

How would you expect your employee to see who paid what and when was it paid???
                Wouldn't that same employee be the person who processed said payments?
                What is it that you do not want them to see again?
                Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                  The OP said they don't want anyone under the manager level to see "gross sale information." In other words, I'm guessing they don't want a lower employee to know the store's gross receipts year-to-date and possibly spread that info around.

Comment

Exactly what RMRSS said. In storEDGE, the billing history for a site shows from the first day you begin using the software. We are going on 3 years now and the billing history header shows totals from day one. Unfortunately, this particular tab is not a stand-alone permission based item.
                    Stoho

"Be kind whenever possible; it is always possible."

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                      Yes, lady5563. the employees would be taking the payments. And yes, they could keep a private list of payments and add it up for their own knowledge. But I sincerely doubt they would do that - plus if there are several clerks they would all have to coordinate info with each other. Again I doubt they would do that.

But, I just don't like having that information so easily accessible (within two clicks). And especially since it doesn't reset from year to year.

Let's say you run Storedge for 10 years and do $100k gross /year (we aren't even close, we do less). You hire someone as a clerk and after 6 months they "discover" this tab and see your historical gross of $1m+. It just sends an inaccurate image of the business - why didn't they give me a raise, how come I don't get paid more, so what if I don't try to sell units, so what if I ______________.
                      They ( the clerk) aren't considering taxes, insurance, utilities, building loans, maintenance, etc. - they are just seeing a SEEMINGLY "impressive" number.

Just knowing human nature (and the nature of small businesses and small communities) it bothers me.

Thanks for hearing my rant lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 126whitetail View Post

Yes, lady5563. the employees would be taking the payments. And yes, they could keep a private list of payments and add it up for their own knowledge. But I sincerely doubt they would do that - plus if there are several clerks they would all have to coordinate info with each other. Again I doubt they would do that.

But, I just don't like having that information so easily accessible (within two clicks). And especially since it doesn't reset from year to year.

Let's say you run Storedge for 10 years and do $100k gross /year (we aren't even close, we do less). You hire someone as a clerk and after 6 months they "discover" this tab and see your historical gross of $1m+. It just sends an inaccurate image of the business - why didn't they give me a raise, how come I don't get paid more, so what if I don't try to sell units, so what if I ______________.
                        They ( the clerk) aren't considering taxes, insurance, utilities, building loans, maintenance, etc. - they are just seeing a SEEMINGLY "impressive" number.

Just knowing human nature (and the nature of small businesses and small communities) it bothers me.

Thanks for hearing my rant lol.
                        I understand where you are coming from!
                        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X