• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our office hours are
    9am-6pm Monday - Friday
    9am - 5pm Saturday
    Closed Sunday

Gate hours are 7 days a week with their gate code.
    6am - 9:45pm and must exit by 10pm.
    A couple facilities in town offer 24 hour access but we do not. We live here and have driveway alarms and I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night to them going off. Besides, not many people ask for it and if that is something that they need then we refer them to someone who does.

The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post

I forgot to mention
      24 Hour Access is available for a $15. monthly fee.
      Hmmm, a fee for 24hr access, thats interesting

Comment

We're open 9am-6pm Tues-Fri and 9am-3pm Sat (closed Sundays-Mondays). Occasionally I'll get someone who says "I don't off work until 6" who needs the unit that day, but we can easily complete rentals by phone and email in those cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post

Hmmm, a fee for 24hr access, thats interesting
          Never heard of that. Interesting.

Comment

This might already exist but was wondering whether anyone had gate access but was very selective about whom to grant it to. Our current manager mentioned during their time in Public Storage, really all their break ins were after hours. What if you had gate access but maybe restricted it to customers after a trail period so you knew they werent likely to be some houligan?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterL View Post
              This might already exist but was wondering whether anyone had gate access but was very selective about whom to grant it to. Our current manager mentioned during their time in Public Storage, really all their break ins were after hours. What if you had gate access but maybe restricted it to customers after a trail period so you knew they werent likely to be some houligan?
              Well how would they ever get to their unit if they had no gate access? I'm assuming you mean restrict gate access hours to office hours?

Comment

It would be quicker and easier to get fingerprints and do a background check

Or raise rates so only well employed people can afford the units

Comment

Never heard of that. Interesting.
                  When I worked for one of the big REIT storages, they charged for everything they could think of.....$15.00 per month for 24 hour access...charging was to deter everyone from asking or automatically having 24 hour access. They charged $20.00 a month for electricity, $3.50 a month for mailed invoices, $6.00 for phone payments, autopay for credit cards was free, ACH payments was $1.50 per month, dumpster fees $75.00 ( no tires, paint cans, mattress, etc.) If a tenant needed a copy of a past receipt or anything related to their account, it was $0.50 a copy. I now worked for a family owned storage, we do have 24 hour access but do not charge for it and the tenant needs to have what we consider a legitimate reason for being on the property 24 hours a day like if it's a business unit that contains tools or supplies or vehicle storage other than that, the owner feels no one should be on the property at all hours of the night.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X