Postal Service Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Service Issues

I have been experiencing quite a few issues with the postal service over the last 6 months or so. From complaints of undelivered mail, damaged mail we have received late, etc

I am curious if other people are seeing this across the country or is this just a localized issue where I am? I am hopeful that StorEdge gets refunds by card working so I can just avoid mailing out the checks all together.

In Tucson, we have ALWAYS had problems with our Post Office, I have people that are not even my customers bringing me mail that was delivered to their mailbox down the street!!!! Or sometimes they don't come at all and pick up out of box. I read and article this week that at a PO in North Carolina had 40,000 pkgs of items that had been scanned that the people were not home or dogs in the way etc,

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/ne...6-19b899604fb3

I think it is everywhere.... SO.... you are not alone!

Comment

If someone claims they never received a refund you mailed to them, you check and it hasn't cleared the account yet, What do you do? We put void after 180 days on all checks. So I will tell customers they can pay the stop payment fee, or wait for it to be voided and we will reissue it.

Anyone do something different?

Comment

Easy enough for me, we do absolutely NO refunds, I tell them when they sign the lease and they initial on the lease NO REFUNDS.

Comment

We collect a security deposit at the time of rental that is refundable

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
            We collect a security deposit at the time of rental that is refundable
            Good idea though. That solves anyone leaving a bunch of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverbell Storage View Post
              Easy enough for me, we do absolutely NO refunds, I tell them when they sign the lease and they initial on the lease NO REFUNDS.
              How would you deal with a situation say: Tenant moves in January 2020 and pays for 6 months up front. Then tenant finally closes on their new house, but 2 months early and tenant is vacating April 30th... You keep those 2 full months?

Comment

Yes, and no...yes we HAD a problem last year, we weren't getting ANY mail for weeks! I called several times and was assured there were no issues, then one day there was a pile of mail delivered all at once. Overall though, very few problems.

Comment

As far as our mail situation: We haven't had too many issues at our office except it takes them a few days to pick-up outgoing mail if we don't have any incoming. Now as far as a resident here, I personally haven't had any issues and I utilize Informed Delivery so I know what the "big post office" says I should have coming that day. They do tend to screw up on other routes via the town's popular facebook group. However, people will ask "did anyone receive a package for me??" or "I received a package with John Smith on it, anyone missing one?".

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post

How would you deal with a situation say: Tenant moves in January 2020 and pays for 6 months up front. Then tenant finally closes on their new house, but 2 months early and tenant is vacating April 30th... You keep those 2 full months?
                    We would rather have our money every month. we do not offer any discounts for pre payments. In that case I would reiterate when they gave us payment for 6 months that we do not offer any refunds, if they moved out early the unit stays empty and rented until the end of that last month, as you cant double dip on rent.
                    I tell them all that when they move in, the only time I will credit a CC is if they moved out the day it was due and we charged card, I just reverse the charges and they are happy.
                    But No refunds......

Comment

We tell them absolutely NO REFUNDS, they initial the paperwork stating they understand that and let them go from there. I remember a guy did freak out when I refused his refund saying its not fair for us to keep the money if he isn't renting it while we can re-rent it because he moved out. I pointed out the verbal explanation and his initials on the contract and the fact that we didn't force him to move out, it was his choice which he is free to make

Back to the mail service, its always been terrible up here in Alaska but the past 6+ months have been unacceptable. I've written maybe 5 complaints to the main office hoping something will get changed but I'm not holding my breath

Comment

We refund any full unused months that were prepaid. No partial month, though.
                        MamaDuke

Comment

The mail is INSANELY slow here these days. It can easily take 3 weeks for a check to make it across town. My client base is primarily elderly, so many of them prefer to mail checks and don't trust payments by phone. We are constantly getting complaints when we notify them that we haven't received the payment. If the postmark shows it was mailed in a timely manner, then we waive the late fee. It shouldn't have to be mailed a month in advance!

And I do get tired of Amazon showing me that my package has been delivered when it hasn't!!!
                          MamaDuke

Comment

MamaDuke That's how we operate, as well.

Comment

Personally, at home, just yesterday I received in the mail something from my medical insurance, it was dated Dec 23rd!!!
                              Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X