No announcement yet.

Longer Term Reservations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-storage facilities are not like hotels, where the guests block out a known amount of time. If you reserve a unit for somebody 2+ months ahead of time, that unit is now just sitting there making you $0. You can't rent it to anybody else, because even if that person says, "Oh, I only need it for 1 month" it might be more than a month and then you're going to have egg on your face when the person who reserved the unit comes with their moving truck full of stuff and you have no unit to rent to them because it's occupied.

Now, if you have like 20-30 of a size available, sure you could reserve it well ahead of time. If you have a more limited quantity, what I normally tell people is that I will reserve it for them, but if we get down to only that unit available and someone else wants it "now" - then they either need to rent it immediately or forfeit it. But that still gives them the first right of refusal.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post
      Now, if you have like 20-30 of a size available, sure you could reserve it well ahead of time. If you have a more limited quantity, what I normally tell people is that I will reserve it for them, but if we get down to only that unit available and someone else wants it "now" - then they either need to rent it immediately or forfeit it. But that still gives them the first right of refusal.
      100% However, you must also let them know that they need to answer the phone if they get a call to answer this inquiry.

Throw kindness around like Confetti - But don't get glitter in your eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Terri View Post

100% However, you must also let them know that they need to answer the phone if they get a call to answer this inquiry.
        Of course. If they didn't answer their phone, I'd leave them a voicemail and send them an email giving them 24 hours to respond.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X