The Mini-Manager software by Trackum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mini-Manager software by Trackum

Has anyone had any experience using this software called The Mini-Manager by Trackum? I will be taking over a small 35 unit storage facility soon and running it remotely (2 hours away). I was wondering if this might do the trick for managing the accounts and billing purposes? Thank you for any input.

I have not and haven't even heard of it. I think just about any management software will do the tasks listed plus a wide variety of other services to remotely run your facility. We use SiteLink and it's great for the most part.

Comment

Hey there onespofford,

I haven't seen that software in a long time, but Mini Manager is from back from the Rent Plus days at the start of Windows-based software. I don't believe they ever got to the point of using any online payments or reservations (rentals definitely not) and the security technology isn't anything to write home about - they used basic encryption for credit card numbers back then vs. today's tokenization which means the credit card data is still there on your computer.

My very sincere attempt at an unbiased answer is that using older software will have many security risks while not being able to provide you with a lot of the modern features that will help operate your business.

You might think that 38 units isn't worth modernizing, but we have users that have as low as 18 units and honestly, modern management software is typically less cost than a cell phone bill but handles a lot more of your business.
      Kevin Kerr
      Storage Commander Cloud Software
      k[email protected]
      Toll Free: 877.672.6257
      Direct: 951.867.4732

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin SC View Post
        Hey there onespofford,

I haven't seen that software in a long time, but Mini Manager is from back from the Rent Plus days at the start of Windows-based software. I don't believe they ever got to the point of using any online payments or reservations (rentals definitely not) and the security technology isn't anything to write home about - they used basic encryption for credit card numbers back then vs. today's tokenization which means the credit card data is still there on your computer.

My very sincere attempt at an unbiased answer is that using older software will have many security risks while not being able to provide you with a lot of the modern features that will help operate your business.

You might think that 38 units isn't worth modernizing, but we have users that have as low as 18 units and honestly, modern management software is typically less cost than a cell phone bill but handles a lot more of your business.
        I most definitely agree with that, you might get what you pay for....

Comment

Thank you all so much for taking the time for your input. It is excellent. My father is graciously giving this biz to me as he is aging out of it at 86. Everything he has done is very old school record keeping on paper, which i respect tremendously. With that said, for now payments will be accepted through PayPal on the website, check in the mail or cash of course. For now, I don't need the software to do much in the matter of online things, until i get used to how to run the business. I will take your valuable info to heart and figure out what to do. Sounds like the software is old, but maybe stable if you don't need online work with it? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by onespofford View Post
            Thank you all so much for taking the time for your input. It is excellent. My father is graciously giving this biz to me as he is aging out of it at 86. Everything he has done is very old school record keeping on paper, which i respect tremendously. With that said, for now payments will be accepted through PayPal on the website, check in the mail or cash of course. For now, I don't need the software to do much in the matter of online things, until i get used to how to run the business. I will take your valuable info to heart and figure out what to do. Sounds like the software is old, but maybe stable if you don't need online work with it? Thank you!
            Square would probably be a better alternative for payments!
            Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X