Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gone cashless at their self storage facility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone gone cashless at their self storage facility?

Our management company recently made us cashless and it's been awesome. I honestly feel more relaxed that we don't carry cash for change etc. Any tenant that brings in extra has the choice of paying it forward to their next months rent or going to the grocery store to get exact change.

Anybody else?
    "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
    Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
    Always sunny in California

I am not cashless.
    You say that you went cashless but you spoke about a tenant that does have cash, you no longer are giving change?
    is this correct?
    If it is correct, you are not cashless.
    You are just no longer offering change.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Right now we are about 95% credit card and 5% ACH debit. I'd be fine with 100% credit card.

Comment

I have a small number of tenants that pay with cash.
        They do not bother me.
        In fact, one te4nant uses cash and pays for 12 months!
        Would I love to have everyone on autopay? YES!
        But cash is KING!

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
          I am not cashless.
          You say that you went cashless but you spoke about a tenant that does have cash, you no longer are giving change?
          is this correct?
          If it is correct, you are not cashless.
          You are just no longer offering change.
          True-we do accept cash, just do not keep change. So, semi-cashless...lol

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post

You accept cash you just do NOT give any back!
            HA HA HA

Comment

I did not intentionally go cashless... but at my unmanned facility I probably only receive cash four times a year through my kiosk. Sometimes from an auction where I do not allow personal checks and credit cards.

Most of the rentals are done online or via phone with a digital signature so just about every tenant starts with a card on file.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinWA View Post

I do the same thing here, round it up, or bring in the exact amount. I don't give change either! all the customers pretty much know now, they don't mind.

Comment

Absolutely, we accept Debit at the counter and Credit Cards to be run on account. This has drastically helped with delinquency!

Comment

Only debt/credit. If you want to mail a check we will consider it. You just get a better tenant out of it. The cash folks can go down the street as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba View Post
                      Only debt/credit. If you want to mail a check we will consider it. You just get a better tenant out of it. The cash folks can go down the street as far as I'm concerned.
                      I actually have a couple customers that pay cash, just because they pay cash, they have money. a nice house etc... they are just older and pay cash/ they go get it out of the bank and bring it to me. (exact change) I never judge anyone on what they are wearing/ what they are driving or how they pay.. Just saying... never know.

Comment

Originally posted by SBAZ View Post

I actually have a couple customers that pay cash, just because they pay cash, they have money. a nice house etc... they are just older and pay cash/ they go get it out of the bank and bring it to me. (exact change) I never judge anyone on what they are wearing/ what they are driving or how they pay.. Just saying... never know.
                        I'm not judging anyone. I'm not one site and don't want money just sitting there.

Comment

It's a security thing for me. I'm happy to not have wads of cash in the drawers. What I want next is a sticker that says, "No cash on premises"

Comment

Since you don't give change, I'd take each cash transaction straight to the safe...nothing in the drawers! You know the day is coming where someone sees the cash in the drawer and says "You have cash right there, you can give change!" Out of sight, out of mind.

Comment

I have a dropbox located centrally in town since my three unmanned facilities don't have anywhere to leave a payment. It's taken ten years, but I am down to three tenants who pay cash and four tenants who drop money orders. And I am trying hard to re-train them! I would love to be cc/debit only.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X