Starting lien process over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting lien process over

Ugh, I hate when I forget to send the ad in to the newspaper and have to start everything over. Especially when they involve tenants you just want gone. Like "shopping carts in the unit" guy. Although, I did finally manage to find out, through a lot more internet searching, that he is in jail in Texas...arrested for 'unauthorized use of a motor vehicle'. I'd love to be able to find out more on that. LOL
    Anyhoo, I emailed the paper 30 minutes after the deadline hoping to squeak it in but they said no. So, got my new notices all ready to go to the post office today to try again.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Ugh, I hate when I forget to send the ad in to the newspaper and have to start everything over. Especially when they involve tenants you just want gone. Like "shopping carts in the unit" guy. Although, I did finally manage to find out, through a lot more internet searching, that he is in jail in Texas...arrested for 'unauthorized use of a motor vehicle'. I'd love to be able to find out more on that. LOL
    Anyhoo, I emailed the paper 30 minutes after the deadline hoping to squeak it in but they said no. So, got my new notices all ready to go to the post office today to try again.
    I too have done that!!

This is what I do now.
    When I schedule a new auction date and figure out what 2 days the ad must be published.
    I create and have ready my ad for the paper.
    I then will set a calendar reminder in my Google email to remind me AND I set a task/reminder on the tenants storage account for a 2nd reminder!!!
    I also have on my desk a paper calendar and it will go on there too as I do look at it everyday!
    I don't do post-it notes as they tend to lose their stickiness after a few days!
    So thankfully storEDGE has daily task reminders that I can create and this has worked out well!
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post

I too have done that!!

This is what I do now.
      When I schedule a new auction date and figure out what 2 days the ad must be published.
      I create and have ready my ad for the paper.
      I then will set a calendar reminder in my Google email to remind me AND I set a task/reminder on the tenants storage account for a 2nd reminder!!!
      I also have on my desk a paper calendar and it will go on there too as I do look at it everyday!
      I don't do post-it notes as they tend to lose their stickiness after a few days!
      So thankfully storEDGE has daily task reminders that I can create and this has worked out well!
      Oh I have all the reminders AND the ad was all ready to go. LOL That's why it's so crazy I totally spaced on the time. I even looked at my calendar, saw the note, and CROSSED IT OFF LIKE IT DID IT! Didn't even dawn on me until later that I missed it. (I could really really use a face palm emoji here haha) Now, instead of having a sale, I'll be placing a new ad.

Comment

Ugh. That’s the worst. I have a recurring event monthly in my Google calendar that says “draft ad in paper”. It’s over a week before the deadline. I wish our SSA would approach lawmakers on removing this requirement. Our paper is terrible . This month they “forgot” to charge my card and the person in charge went on vacation. Good thing I called….

Comment

I always have everything ready to go so I just need to attach the ad to the email and hit send. Except I had a brain fart this time. Haha

Comment

I love the fact that I no longer have to advertise in the newspaper, because I have made that mistake too.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
              I love the fact that I no longer have to advertise in the newspaper, because I have made that mistake too.
              What state are you?

WOW!
              No newspaper ad???
              When did your state lien law's change?

Comment

I am in Iowa, the lien law changed about 2 years ago. I have to advertise the sale, but it is not required to be in the newspaper anymore.

Comment

AZ... no newspaper Ad, We just post it on our storage association page. and that actually brings more bidders on line, as they check that site.

Comment

I am in Iowa, the lien law changed about 2 years ago. I have to advertise the sale, but it is not required to be in the newspaper anymore.
                    Where do you post the advertisement? Is there a cost for you to post the ad?

Very interesting!
                    I hope NJ does this too!

Comment

The Lawyer at AZSSA Richard Marmor has helped a lot in AZ to change these things for us here, your state association might be working on these things for your state.

Comment

I would love to not have to advertise in the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post

Where do you post the advertisement? Is there a cost for you to post the ad?

Very interesting!
                          I hope NJ does this too!
                          I don't actually have to do anything, I make sure all my auctions are over 1 week long. Bid13.com will send out an email to all registered bidders in the area 1 day after bidding starts. So that counts as advertising the sale. That email from Bid13.com does more to attract bidders than posting in the public notice section ever did.

Comment

I feel like this is a rite of passage as a self storage manager

Comment

Been there, done that!
                              "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
                              Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
                              Always sunny in California

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X