Insurance Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Tax

I noticed that our insurance policies now have a tax on them. Someone told me that now FL is able to charge tax on insurance. I didn't know anything about that and didn't get a notice. Can anyone advise if this is true?

Thank you.
    The future depends on what you do in the present.

Can't speak on Florida but in NJ...no tax on insurance/protection.

Tax is only for storage rent and retail!
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

After a quick Google search I found this.

There are eight insurance premium taxes and fees. These taxes and fees are paid by every authorized insurance company that issues policies covering risks in Florida. The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) regulates the business of insurance in Florida. Insurers must register with OIR.

Are you seeing this tax charge to YOU, the company OR to your individual tenants?
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

No tax in Calif, on either rent or insurance. All retail is taxed though.
        "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
        Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
        Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post
          No tax in Calif, on either rent or insurance. All retail is taxed though.
          And please don't tell CA that they don't tax storage or insurance! They'll be sure to jump right on it if they pay attention!
          MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

And please don't tell CA that they don't tax storage or insurance! They'll be sure to jump right on it if they pay attention!
            No Lie! *shhhhhhhhh*
            "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
            Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
            Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
              After a quick Google search I found this.

There are eight insurance premium taxes and fees. These taxes and fees are paid by every authorized insurance company that issues policies covering risks in Florida. The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) regulates the business of insurance in Florida. Insurers must register with OIR.

Are you seeing this tax charge to YOU, the company OR to your individual tenants?
              The company that is offering us insurance adds the tax, I am assuming in Sitelink, and is passed onto the customers.
              The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X