Denying Potential tenant a rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denying Potential tenant a rental

Hi, I have been informed by another facility that they just evicted one of their tenants for living in his unit and that tenant plans to rent at our facility. What can I legally do to not rent to this person? I am in PA if that matters.

You don't have to give a reason (just can't discriminate against a protected class). Tell them you're full or tell them you are aware of them living in a previous unit. As businesses, we still have the right to refuse service.

Comment

We had to tell a guy 'Sorry, we cannot rent to you at this time." When he asked why, they leaned forward and said, "How about you tell ME why?"
      "Uh, I was kicked out of ...." "Yep."
      "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
      Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
      Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post
        We had to tell a guy 'Sorry, we cannot rent to you at this time." When he asked why, they leaned forward and said, "How about you tell ME why?"
        "Uh, I was kicked out of ...." "Yep."
        Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't get it. I feel like I'm supposed to know a backstory to this, lol!

Comment

I'm sorry, that unit is no longer available. And all I have now is...insert unit here that is way too big and expensive or way too small and unusable (doesn't have to be true!)
          MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post
            I'm sorry, that unit is no longer available. And all I have now is...insert unit here that is way too big and expensive or way too small and unusable (doesn't have to be true!)
            I use this more often than not! It is no longer available & I do not have anything else available at this time. I can put you on our waitlist.

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't get it. I feel like I'm supposed to know a backstory to this, lol!
              Coming from another facility who'd called to let us know.
              "The comeback is always stronger than the setback."
              Mom, Navy Vet, genealogist and voracious reader
              Always sunny in California

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinCali View Post

Coming from another facility who'd called to let us know.
                Makes sense now.

Comment

Working together this is great
                  Dave (Woodee) Scott

Comment

I have a DNR list with other facilities in my area. We look out for each other in that respect.
                    "A Dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jblake
                      Reply to Creating a No Rent List
                      by Jblake
                      A “DO NOT RENT LIST” is a feature offered in Storage Commander software and to the best of my knowledge it is the only storage management software that offers this....
                      Today, 02:34 PM
                    • Jblake
                      So this is a HUGE problem…anyone else dealt with this?
                      by Jblake
                      So here’s some background…
                      A facility here in Las Vegas was bought about 4-5 months ago with a grip of problems. The main ones being that the spaces were rented to friends under fake names like Ryne Oceros (Rhinoceros) or worse yet, to no names whatsoever. So there are full units with...
                      Today, 02:28 PM
                    • ckpa11
                      StorageSense - own or manage?
                      by ckpa11
                      Does anyone have knowledge of StorageSense? Are they storage owners or a management outfit? In our area 2 facilities now bear their name and I have just seen another with a their banner over the facilitiy sign. All of these facilities were owned by separate people. Just trying to find about them since...
                      Yesterday, 11:15 PM
                    Working...
                    X