No announcement yet.

Accepting ONLY credit cards-in 2023.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too wonder why NO CASH is accepted- even if a tenant is late?

My owners, they are thinking about NO CASH mostly to eliminate the need to have managers drive to the bank!
    Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by SimplySpace View Post

Just curious as to why you wont allow a cash payment if you're late? In most cases I'd think that would be safer since they can't try to dispute the charge with their CC company after they move everything out.
      You're right. We run the facility remotely, so that's a major part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BusyProperties View Post

I have quite a few tenants that refuse to pay their bills with a debit card due to fraudulent activity so they buy a prepaid card and transfer the money each month to pay bills. Never fails they forget to move $ and come back as ins funds
        Yeah we have the same thing happen.

Comment

I asked Storable Payments if their system could discern credit/debit cards from pre-paid cards. Apparently they cannot. Otherwise, I would consider not allowing prepaid cards.

Comment

So we backed off of requiring existing tenants to convert to autopay only.

Having said that all new tenants will be enrolled.

Happy 2023!

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
              So we backed off of requiring existing tenants to convert to autopay only.

Having said that all new tenants will be enrolled.

Happy 2023!
              Don't back off! Next thing you'll be waving late fees

Comment

Originally posted by helenatim View Post

Don't back off! Next thing you'll be waving late fees
                Ha Ha Ha
                My very first wanna be tenant that I had to do the "which card would you like to use to move in AND go on autopay" (month's ago) was the reason that we will tread lightly!
                He just about had a hissy fit when I said that!
                He went on about how cash is king and we can't make him use a card!
                He then quickly Googled to see if NJ had any such law on the books and of course we DO!
                HA HA HA

He does use his bank card BUT he now comes monthly to swipe and sign!
                He knows the law, don't ya know?!!!

And as far as waiving a late fee---we do!!! BUT only if they ask and it can be only one tome in a calendar year!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LoisG
                  Reply to Suspicious Theft
                  by LoisG
                  Right?!
                  When he said that, my ears perked up & became immediately suspicious. Then when he asked if we reimbursed him for the losses, I was thinking, "Get the heck outta here!"...
                  Today, 12:48 PM
                • lady5563
                  Reply to An Average Day
                  by lady5563
                  Wait---so you do have it narrowed down to 2 possible suspects/tenants?

Are you going to call them BOTH and ask if they happened to leave something behind on this specific day and time that you know they were there?

If I had it narrowed down to 2 people---I KNOW I would be making...
                  Today, 10:44 AM
                • lady5563
                  Reply to Suspicious Theft
                  by lady5563
                  Nothing like a huge red flag thrown in there!
                  He is going to tell you the exact date and the exact time he KNEW that someone was breaking into his storage unit!!!

Today, 10:41 AM
                Working...
                X