Employees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employees

So have had a very difficult employee. Since she came to work for this Job she has thought she was better then me and better then the Job.

I give her projects she can not complete the project. Everything from daily task like sweeping units. Said she was busy but I check the history for

the computer and find out she has been on the internet. Long story short. Since this employee has came she has installed a virus on the old

computer. When I told her I would come in and take a look at it her reply was "I don't know what you can do that I have not" This is her attidude.

She is also looking for other jobs on the internet. When I did her 90 day review I asked to not do this. Left her a couple of projects to do sweeping

units, picking up trash and weeding when its slow. She told me she was too busy to get to weeding. When the report printed from saturday I noticed

that the time it was printed was 9:40 40 minutes after we open. So today we had a chat... I asked her what time she came in she said 8:30 I had

some personal stuff to do on the computer. So I brought up the subject that this is a company computer it is not for personal use. I also made her

resign her review that she would not look for work at all on company time or on the company computer. If she want to look for work she may take the

day off of work and go look for work. When I complained that as of today she had not pulled weeds. She said she had forgot she left the note

also that I am too nit picky about stuff. I have to be nit picky when things are not correct I am the one that has to take care of the problems.

Also the Buidling the Mini Storage is in we play staff for a computer Training company that does not staff ONLC.com. We take the student to the

Room ect. We had training one day and the student was here and I was 20 minutes away and this employee did not show up to work.

So I rush to get back to the office to put out all the fires.

I cut this employees hours and then she had the nerve today to ask me if I some extra hours for her this week. Really? Are Do you even get why your hours were cut? Luckly for me the new person I hire so far seem to be working out well we will see at 90 days what she is like sometime they change there tune after 90 days.

Colleen
    Manager Mason Mini Storage
    Mason Mini Storage
    Mason, MI

Re: Employees

When is her last day?

Comment

document, document, document or you will be stuck with 99 weeks of unemployment payments and your UI rate will JUMP

If you can get a written resignation in lieu of termination, even better

Comment

or maybe her job search will be successful and someone else will hire her fast, maybe you should volunteer to give her a good reference if someone wants to call you while she is still employed.

Comment

Colleen - Most of us run small shops which free us from being so institutional and bureaucratic. This sounds like one of those times when you have to be.

When a problem is discovered, meet with the employee, discuss the problem, clarify it in writing and have the employee agree and sign it. Example: Arrival time is 8:30 and let her known that you'll be calling at 8:30 to make sure she's there. No personal use of the computer which records browsing history. All duties are to be performed as assigned. If this isn't acceptable, you can resign, leave your key and take your things. Any questions?

Comment

Hi Everyone,
            It funny tomokc you said that because that is exactly what I did today she had to sign that the computer was only to be used for business realted items. Also everything else we discussed in our meeting. When she did not show up she had to sign an employee incident report. The owners said I did a great job with the report. I think she is looking to try to get something like unemployment. I asked her why she took this Job if she was going to look for other work she said at the time she had another part time job. On what we pay here it not enough. OK sorry to hear that ... Maybe this is not the place for you. Anyways you guys are right can't get a job soon enough. Every day I document stuff with her. About 3 years ago I had the exact same type of employee I know documentation is a good thing.

Colleen
            Mason Mini Storage
            Mason, MI

Comment

No business wants to pay unemployment, but if the employee is bad enough, lossing or costing the site tenants, it is worth it to pay the unemployment. Also depending on your states laws, if they have not been employed there too long some of the burden of unemployment falls back on the past employers. You can also try and fight the unemployement if it comes to that. But like I said sometimes it is worth it to pay the unemployment just to have them gone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X