$200 Dollars' Deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $200 Dollars' Deposit

That's if you don't have a major credit card--Visa or Mastercard. The owner decided to try again with renting the truck at one of the sites. This time, a $200.00 deposit is required if you don't have one of the cards we accept.

What is your deposit on your rental truck?

It's a fair price. The only ones that would complain are those en.......ment people that think it all is about them.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

"Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet him"

Comment

we dont rent trucks, but iv seen anywhere from 100-200. When i rented a car for a week last year it was a $350 deposit.

200 Sounds normal

Comment

Uhaul requires $100 deposit for cash. When I worked a property with our own truck, that's what we required also.
        MamaDuke

Comment

We only let new rentals use our move-in truck one time for free in the first 2 weeks of the rental-- $50 cash deposit, 50 miles included. Truck has to come back clean, on a full tank (it leaves on full), under 50 miles driven and with fuel receipt to get their deposit back. We rent U-Haul trucks for anyone else and we only take credit/debit cards for that

Comment

Originally posted by dreid View Post
            We only let new rentals use our move-in truck one time for free in the first 2 weeks of the rental-- $50 cash deposit, 50 miles included. Truck has to come back clean, on a full tank (it leaves on full), under 50 miles driven and with fuel receipt to get their deposit back. We rent U-Haul trucks for anyone else and we only take credit/debit cards for that
            If the truck comes back with gas tank full, no damages and 30 miles and under, then the tenant gets the deposit back. The truck is only for move-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickTrip View Post
              That's if you don't have a major credit card--Visa or Mastercard. The owner decided to try again with renting the truck at one of the sites. This time, a $200.00 deposit is required if you don't have one of the cards we accept.

What is your deposit on your rental truck?
              Perfectly acceptable and fair. In fact, with most credit card limits now higher than $1,000, it wouldn't be out of line to raise that to $250-300. Where I live, if we rented trucks, I'd charge higher. People in my immediate area aren't very responsible.
              Scott Simon
              St. Louis area resident storage manager

Comment

Originally posted by QuickTrip View Post

If the truck comes back with gas tank full, no damages and 30 miles and under, then the tenant gets the deposit back. The truck is only for move-ins.
                Managers before us just let people use the truck whenever they wanted. we even had some people using the free truck mutliple times for free and one even tried to tell us they were told they could use it to move out with -- didn't happen lol. They rented a u-haul truck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X