No announcement yet.

Sparefoot aquires SiteLink Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I had read about the merger but not given it as much thought as all of you because I do not use SL. But this affects all of us in the industry as others have stated. Even Google and other search engines are in business to make money and sell top spots on the results page. Aren't we seeing the beginning of a monopoly?
    razorback

Comment

I don't like Sparefoot and don't use SiteLink but I am watching and waiting to see when the first shoe drops and what is said here. I just gotta know!

Comment

We have started the process of changing over.
        Looking at different software, scheduling demos ect.
        Some of the main things we are looking at are integrated credit card processing and fees. And the main thing is the ability to put expiration dates on the pre-lien and notice of lien letters. California, (and a few other states), requires a specific date to be put on the notices when they are mailed. The fix we did with sitelink web was a keyword inserted into the notices that popped up a calendar so we could put the date in.
        --
        Ron

http://n6ach.com
        http://laws.n6ach.com
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Storman View Post
          Recent focus on privacy issues can't be helpful to their merger PR, I think most of us have our antennas up and on high alert when it comes to customer data. As an operator that does not use Sitelink, I can sit back and see how all this plays out without a worry, but I can certainly see where users of Sitelink would have some very important questions about the data they may think they have control over and how it will be used going forward. Ultimately, if our worst fears are realized, it will have an effect on me as a sole operator, whether I like it or not.

I'm periodically asked by a customer if their data is secure. I feel that it is with the software I'm running and explain to them my understanding as to it's protection. In this case, a Sitelink site manager could certainly also explain that the customer data is secure, but being secure and being used for a purpose they're not aware of are two different things. If I were a customer I would assume, as I'm sure my customers do, that the data they give me is used solely for knowing who they are, how to reach them and their preferred form of payment. This new merger, in my very limited understanding of it, I think would make that assumption incorrect.

If a Sitelink operator uses Sitelink generated contracts, it would be interesting to know if there is any added language in it about the sharing of the customer's data. It might be wise for all of us to add a generic paragraph about the care and control of customer data, do we as operators REALLY know where it goes and how it's used?

Hey Storman, just sent you a PM. Thanks, Markus
          Markus Hecker
          SiteLink Software
          Phone (919) 865-0789 x1

Email Me

Visit www.sitelink.com for Self Storage Software
          , Marketplace, SiteLink eSign(TM) and Integrated Merchant Services / Credit Card Processing and EMV

Comment

Storman, You mind sharing the PM. Inquiring minds want to know what SL and SF are really thinking...
            Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

This happened for 1 reason and 1 reason only. If you use SL you are now being BIG BROTHERed.

Comment

Good morning,

There are a number of new comments and now that the dust has settled following our announcement, let me share a few thoughts.

We have tried to be clear in our communication about the merger. I am happy to share that the fears, innuendos and rumors posted on this thread are not part of our business plan. Instead of jumping to conclusions in your posts, consider that it does not make sense to alienate our customers.

We have taken steps to reassure SiteLink and SpareFoot clients alike about the use and privacy of their data.

Read more here: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/ca...quisition-faqs

Those who know me can tell you I am easy to reach. We have invited chat room users, and anyone else, to contact me to discuss the merger and our policy. Direct conversations with clients have helped to avoid the type of fear mongering seen in this thread. Many owners are excited about the value our two ventures can offer them.

Our conversations and written communication have served to explain why both companies sold to the same firm. We now have the chance to offer more services and more value to clients of either or both companies. By working together, our companies can better serve owners who are new to both firms. Unlike some of the posts suggest, it makes absolutely no sense to alter the SiteLink course or our position on privacy and protecting data that have proven successful for our many customers to date.

Those who have spoken to us and read our stated position dismiss the the rumors, rants, innuendos in this post.

Missing here are discussions about privacy and "terms of use" of other groups and software companies. Managers concerned about data use, who are not currently on SiteLink, comment but avoid mentioning their software providers' loose interpretation of data handling.

In the coming weeks and months, thanks to Cove Hill Partners' backing, SiteLink users will experience accelerated product enhancements, continued superior service and added value.

Our actions and conversations with operators will win against unfounded fear, rumors and accusations.

They always have.

Best,

Markus
                markus
                Last edited by markus; 1 May 2018, 08:14 PM.
                Markus Hecker
                SiteLink Software
                Phone (919) 865-0789 x1

Email Me

Visit www.sitelink.com for Self Storage Software
                , Marketplace, SiteLink eSign(TM) and Integrated Merchant Services / Credit Card Processing and EMV

Comment

"Those who have spoken to us and read our stated position dismiss the the rumors, rants, innuendos in this post."......Trust us......because Sparefoot is more than honorable and the owner of Sparefoot is the CEO of both companies which means they are separate.....

I did talk with Bob today from Sitelink because of what was posted here. I did appreciate the call, however when I brought up the press release statement that the two companies will work together to drive innovation, he said that meant a cash inflow to SMD for hiring new techs, ect....

If it walks like a duck.....
                  --
                  Ron

http://n6ach.com
                  http://laws.n6ach.com
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                    Good morning,

There are a number of new comments and now that the dust has settled following our announcement, let me share a few thoughts.

We have tried to be clear in our communication about the merger. I am happy to share that the fears, innuendos and rumors posted on this thread are not part of our business plan. Instead of jumping to conclusions in your posts, consider that it does not make sense to alienate our customers.

We have taken steps to reassure SiteLink and SpareFoot clients alike about the use and privacy of their data.

Read more here: https://storageforum.sitelink.com/ca...quisition-faqs

Those who know me can tell you I am easy to reach. We have invited chat room users, and anyone else, to contact me to discuss the merger and our policy. Direct conversations with clients have helped to avoid the type of fear mongering seen in this thread. Many owners are excited about the value our two ventures can offer them.

Our conversations and written communication have served to explain why both companies sold to the same firm. We now have the chance to offer more services and more value to clients of either or both companies. By working together, our companies can better serve owners who are new to both firms. Unlike some of the posts suggest, it makes absolutely no sense to alter the SiteLink course or our position on privacy and protecting data that have proven successful for our many customers to date.

Those who have spoken to us and read our stated position dismiss the the rumors, rants, innuendos in this post.

Missing here are discussions about privacy and "terms of use" of other groups and software companies. Managers concerned about data use, who are not currently on SiteLink, comment but avoid mentioning their software providers' loose interpretation of data handling.

In the coming weeks and months, thanks to Cove Hill Partners' backing, SiteLink users will experience accelerated product enhancements, continued superior service and added value.

Our actions and conversations with operators will win against unfounded fear, rumors and accusations.

They always have.

Best,

Markus
                    I advise going with Easy Storage Solutions (ESS). I've been extremely happy with their quick response time when needed, constant improvements to software and affordability for all size operators.

Let me repeat what I said earlier, If you want to be BIG BROTHERed then stay, if you don't like your info being shared then you should go with a new software co. It's really that plain and simple.
                    Amy_ISS
                    Community Manager
                    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 3 May 2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

This thread is getting out of hand, and I'm spending a lot of time editing comments and smoothing ruffled feathers. While I encourage a healthy discussion on this topic, and most posts are within our site rules, some are just inflammatory. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there's no need to be nasty about your opinion. Keep it respectful.
                      Amy Campbell
                      Editor
                      Inside Self-Storage
                      [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

So Sitelink is forcing us on to their Storables payment system and taking away our access to using our own credit card processor. Figures they are forcing everyone on to their system to gain more fees and also raised prices for Sitelink this year. I've had enough and looking to switch software.

Has anyone switched from Sitelink and got reviews of their new software? Currently considering DomicoCloud and Easy Storage Solutions as those are the two other systems that work with Davinci Lock which we just heavily invested in.

Comment

FYI, ESS is also now owned by storable/sparefoot

Comment

Good catch there dg5803! I had no idea they acquired ESS too. I wasn't paying much attention in 2020...
                            In no way affiliated with Storman software.

Comment

Originally posted by dg5803 View Post
                              FYI, ESS is also now owned by storable/sparefoot
                              I'm with ESS and so far the only change I've noticed is that it's more difficult to get a live person on the phone when I need support.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X