Veteran Discounts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran Discounts?

I had a discussion with our manager today about the idea of expanding our discounts to veterans. We currently have a 10% active military discount, today my manager had a disabled veteran rent a unit and asked about providing him and all disabled veterans a discount which I'm very interested in doing. I'm concerned that just having an active duty discount and a disabled veterans discount may backfire on me by offending veterans, veterans who served but were not disabled. So then the question is should there just be an overall veterans discount? I wonder if that could be a very large percentage of our rentals and then are we having to many discounts out there. I thought I would ask in this forum to see if others wouldn't mind sharing what their discount policy is. Thanks

As the wife of a vet who is not disabled, I must say that we quite enjoy the 10% discount offered to us by many retailers. It is just a small gesture that serves as a thank you to all who have served our great country on our behalf. My husband carries his VA ID everywhere and you do not get the discount without it. If you want to expand the discount, I would expand to all Vets but make it clear that the ID has to be presented.
    Stephanie Tharpe
    Senior VP of Operations
    A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
    Nashville, TN
    http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
    www.tnssa.net

Comment

I'm a vet, but we don't offer any discounts except pay 6 months and get a free month.

Comment

IMO, it should be an across the board discount. Either active or inactive. Get a copy made of their proof and if active they need to provide duty station and commanding officer info. I am a vet and I ask for discounts. The word will get out when you do. By the way, never take a military car tag as proof. Anyone can be driving any vehicle.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

A veteran discount often serves as a touch of honor and gratitude from our part to all soldiers!

Having said that, I believe that it's best to have a common discount for all veterans regardless of the fact of disability. But we're talking about discounts here, something that's entirely on our hands to decide. My personal thought on this is to go with One veteran Discount promotion and then later choose to offer something more during the rental itself.

After all as wisely said by Winston Churchill - We make a Living by what we get..... But we make a Life by what we give!

Comment

Our discount is for active duty military, but we will extend the discount to veterans if they ask. Because we are close to a military base, we do sometimes get civilian government employees asking about a military discount. We do not extend the discount to civilians. Only the guys and gals that have, currently are or have the potential to put their lives on the line for the rest of us get a Military discount.

Comment

Originally posted by sanzel View Post
              Our discount is for active duty military, but we will extend the discount to veterans if they ask. Because we are close to a military base, we do sometimes get civilian government employees asking about a military discount. We do not extend the discount to civilians. Only the guys and gals that have, currently are or have the potential to put their lives on the line for the rest of us get a Military discount.
              IMO, your discount should should include current and past military, not just current, and any first responders. Especially since you are close to a base. They will all have I.D. if legitimate. I wish I ran a facility that was nothing but military and first responder tenants.
              "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

We don't get alot of military ( not near a base ) but we do have a few police officers that I give discounts to. I think that it should be active & retired and first responders. This is what I posted on our Facebook account a couple of days ago.
                At U-Store Self Storage Daytona Beach FL EVERY DAY is #FirstRespondersDay ( not just September 11th ). Show us your ID so we can offer you a 10% discount on rent. #VolusiaProud#DaytonaBeachProud#UStoreSelfStorageDaytonaBeach

The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Merman
                  Reply to New Facility - Wish List
                  Merman
                  Avoid swinging gates if at all possible. We have swings and rolling due to property limitations and the swings have given us trouble. Lighting in units with a timer switch in a common area for customers. For the perimeter fence, I would make the bottom 3 or 4' a solid wall and if you want, a more...
                  Yesterday, 09:15 PM
                • eileen
                  Reply to Credit Card Chargeback for unit break in?
                  eileen
                  She last accessed in January, this came up in May. Our cameras don't retain video that far back. And I don't know when I'd have time to watch all that.

I was more concerned that the credit card provider is even entertaining issuing these payments back basically disregarding our rental agreement...
                  Yesterday, 04:13 PM
                • Dave Scott
                  Reply to Tasty Treats
                  Dave Scott
                  Fried green tomatoes and corn on the cob...
                  Yesterday, 03:48 PM
                Working...
                X