Strangest items left behind?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merman View Post
    I had a customer with a freezer in his unit (before we took away electricity). I told the guy there was a smell and he needed to remove whatever was causing it, which he said he did. Turns out he took the spoiled meat, about 80 lbs. of it and put it in trash bags that he then put in plastic totes. He then glue gunned or epoxyed the lid on, wrapped a few more trash bags around it and taped it up. After that he stopped paying the rent. The guy that won the auction got a nice surprise a couple months later when he pried open the first of the four totes. You could smell it at the front of my property about 300 feet away.

Good times
    I would have taken those 4 totes to the original tenant house and left them a present.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

I would have taken those 4 totes to the original tenant house and left them a present.
      I'm pretty sure at that point, his new house was a correctional facility. He had been out about 4 months or so when he vanished. I felt bad for the auction buyer. He had to load all that soup into his truck and haul it away.

Comment

LOL! That guy may never ever bid at an auction again.

Comment

Urn of ashes... human...

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminB View Post
            Urn of ashes... human...
            Been there done that twice now. How cold does a family have to be to not at least want the ashes. Both times the ashes were in a marked container from the funeral home and I called them and they got in touch with the families to get the ashes that I had dropped off at the funeral homes. I did not want to meet the families about the ashes.

Comment

We just got rid of some "Cremains" from an auction unit of about 6 years ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X