Hurricane Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Letter

We purchased a property a few months back in panama city florida. Hurricane Michael is making landfall now and it is pretty bad in the area. Once the hurricane is gone and we can get our managers back on the property to assess the damage we would like to send a letter out encouraging our tenants to come look at there units.

Just wondering if anyone in florida who has been through this has a letter then use that i can see and get ideas or if anyone have ideas on what the letter should say. this is our first huuricane so kind of lost on the subject and any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Paul

I would be surprised if they didn't come back in droves to check their units without a letter. The letter is a nice touch though. How about an email?
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Sending lots of thoughts & prayers to you, your employees, the property and everyone affected by Hurricane Michael. I really hope all is well.

We are located on the east coast of Florida so when a tropical storm is heading this way we send out an email letting customers know that we will be staying on property ( always have ) and the office and facility will be open for as long as it is safe for them and us. I also let them know that after the hurricane / storm has passed there will be clean up & we know that they will want to inspect their items but we will not let them back in until it is safe. There may be downed power lines, etc. At that time, even if we do not have power, we can still open the gate for them...when it is safe. You will have lots of phone calls and emails wondering how everything is.

Does your property require renters insurance? If so make sure that you have the phone # and any paperwork that they may need if they have to file a claim.

Mail might be ok but who knows if / when they would get it. Do you have an email or texting service to send mass communication ?

I will PM you the form I used.
      The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PeekingDuck
        Reply to Gutter Guards For Standing Seam Roof
        PeekingDuck
        It is aluminum window screen, so yes, it is very flexible. But, the globs of caulk hold it in place very well.
        You need something that has a good slope from the roof to the top of the gutter to allow the wind to push the leaves up and out.
        I tried a few of the foam wedges made for house...
        Today, 07:32 PM
      • Grizz
        Reply to Pro Rating Lease suggestions
        Grizz
        Are all these options available in site-link?
        Today, 07:00 PM
      • Grizz
        Reply to Naming a new facility
        Grizz
        City storage.com is perfect. You want the search engines to find you fast and first. And people will search in the cities they are living in or moving to with terms such as "Abq Storage mini storage", outdoor storage, heated storage, etc....

Fancy and fun names dont make the phone...
        Today, 06:48 PM
      Working...
      X