Before I was a Self-Storage Manager

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I was a Self-Storage Manager

Inspired by this thread (and I know we've done this before) ... Before landing in storage, what did you do career-wise? I was a reporter covering the police/fire beat for a daily newspaper.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Lots of banking. Teller, head teller, csr. Several years on the "back room" operations side...card disputes, wire transfers, internal account balancing. Retail/cashier stuff before that.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

ASE Master Tech and ASE Service Consultant. In the automotive/light truck repair field as a tech for almost 10 years and then was a service manager and ran shops for 25 years.

Believe it or not, before that I was a photographer in the U.S. Navy and a photo journalist before that at newspapers and magazines.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

What a fun Question! Here's my list...so far

Lit & Communications Major led to a brief career in Book Publishing -- Assistant Editor; College PR Officer; Yoga Teacher; Assistant Wellness Director at Retirement Property; Aging Planner & Long Term Care Ombudsman with a master's degree in Gerontology; partner in a 24/7 Mobile Locksmith Company; Airbnb Manager; Marketing, PR, & Guest Services for a retreat center in Costa Rica >> the folks who own the retreat center also own this storage facility in Oregon, and now here we are! it's one of the most interesting and cushy jobs i've had to date lol (who doesn't want to work "from home" and open the office at 10am?!)

Comment

US Navy to raising my kids-trust me, a full time job there..lol. Dry cleaning and B. Dalton for a bit. Then I was an administrative assistant/assistant teacher at a Montessori School-6 weeks to 7th grade. I substituted in every class room, ran the summer program for elementary kids and drove the minibus for after school and field trips. I wore every hat there, including dead animal removal..lol.
          I want buns of steel.
          I also want buns of cinnamon.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

Owned a restaurant/chef... Many years in sales and sales management... but my favorite was camp host in the mountains with no cell phone, tv, or internet.

Comment

I spent several years in the food/beverage service industry. Worked as a video editor for a national hunting/fishing television show from 1988 until 2018. Begin working in self storage when we built our first small facility in 1997...we’re still small but growing.

Comment

Assistant Manager for banquets at a Country Club.
                Worked at a fireplace store, mostly selling fireplaces to building contractors.
                My last job was sales at a furniture store

Comment

Been in property management since I was 18. Moved from a site manager to accountant in the corporate office. I needed to talk to people and work with the public so I found this job as a General Manager of the mini storage. Been here for 5 yrs now.
                  Janice - Maxi-Space Storage and Business Solutions

Comment

Grantwriter, Director of Development for non-profit, auditor for fast food franchise,

Comment

Air Force, Corp world, construction, self employed, business owner and now back to employee

Comment

I was "Sane "Before being a resident manager at a storage facility ... Just saying ....

I was and am still an artist and writer.. but now I am all that and resident manager !!!

Comment

massage therapist for 20 yrs, drove a forklift for a couple years in a warehouse, and the usual teenager jobs.
                          "I don't understand your specific kind of crazy but I do admire your total commitment to it!"

Comment

I worked as a front desk clerk @ a hotel then worked my way up to the marketing department.
                            Copied medical records in a hospital for insurance companies & attorneys.
                            Administrative assistant at a financial brokerage.

The future depends on what you do in the present.

Comment

Big box retailers. Worked in customer service, management and pricing. Hated it with a passion. This job fell into my lap and I love it. But, I'm also working my way through nursing school. Im going to hate leaving one day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X