Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do businesses use storage spaces?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do businesses use storage spaces?

I hear about the Average Joe using storage spaces for furniture or whatever it might, but how often are businesses using it for extra inventory, etc? Want to know if it's an economically viable solution. A few business associates of mine in NYC are finding space at a premium there :/

I would have to say that likely a full 5% of my tenants are the businesses that store records and inventory and basically spill over from a brick and mortar because it cuts down on employee theft, taxes, insurance and the need for more room at the brick and mortar. Square footage at a storage facility is way less than square footage at a typical business building.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Ah interesting. So it doesn't end up costing more than it's worth? I didn't know employee theft was such an issue either

Comment

We're 12% businesses here. Which, after I ran the report, I was pleasantly surprised it was so high. Self Storage is cheaper than brick and mortar rent. You save on storage and if it's close by you can pop in and get what you need.
        I know it's been a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys.

Newcastle, WA

Comment

We have very few business rentals, but they do have a large sq footage occupancy. They tend to have our larger units compared to avg. customer.
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RandyL
            Reply to What's your opinion on renting to "non-profits"?
            RandyL
            I have non profits I, give units too. I have some I give reduced rent in exchange for advertising, and I have some that pay our full rates. It all depends on what they want.

I don't think just giving away a unit generates anything. But there are groups that I give units too that...
            Today, 12:26 AM
          • Storman
            Reply to In person marketing tomorrow
            Storman
            If I drove by your facility and saw your awning, I would assume your URL is storage.com That's not a great place to have any potential customer go to....
            Yesterday, 11:15 PM
          • lenmay
            Reply to In person marketing tomorrow
            lenmay
            Of course Google gives little value to a town with a different name. Name of town is the dominate element of a Google search. Not to mention, that New Castle is 4 miles from the center of Renton. Google doesn't even get anywhere close to New Castle until the 12th listing.

Renton is not...
            Yesterday, 10:02 PM
          Working...
          X