Numbering and Lettering Corridors and Individual Storage Units

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbering and Lettering Corridors and Individual Storage Units

So I posted a while back about opinions on how to number units. Some suggested, start with 100, some suggested begin with 1.

My question now is if I have new building that is secured entry only building, single level that is all units are under one roof, is there a good methodology in how to number units and hallway corridors? I have 226 units with different sizes throughout the building.

You could assign letters to the hallways and numbers to the units...A1, A2 etc. The letters identify the hallway, and the number is for the unit. You could put signs up, similar to hotel room signs, showing where specific hallways/numbered units are.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

My buildings are lettered A-G
      My numbers start from 01 and go from there.

A-01
      A-02
      and so on
      Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

You can do 1000 1001 etc. I don't think it really matters as long as it's easy to navigate and easy for a manager to do a lock check.
        Don't be so hard on yourself. The mom in E.T. had an alien living in her house for days and didn't notice.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
          You can do 1000 1001 etc. I don't think it really matters as long as it's easy to navigate and easy for a manager to do a lock check.
          Completely agree that it needs to make sense on walk through.
          Stephanie Tharpe
          Senior VP of Operations
          A+ Storage of Tennessee, LLC
          Nashville, TN
          http://www.aplustorage.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
          www.tnssa.net

Comment

We just opened a new property, all indoor, climate control building. We have the hallways labeled with a letter and number. A01, A02, B01, B02 etc. This is the first property in which we've done it like this. It seems to make sense. the other locations that are just 1 through xxx can be more difficult to navigate.

for properties that have mulptiple buildings with indoor/outdoor units, I have labeled each building with a letter, then exterior units start with 100, and interior units start with 200. Helpful for customers and managers.. if the unit is a "200" unit, then we know it's inside the building.
            ex A100, A101, A 200, A201, B100, B200, etc.

Comment

I would agree with KrisinNC. Make it so it's easiest for you. Some folks like even on one side odd on the other, others like to go up one side and down the other all in numerical order. Completely up to you.

If you haven't found a vendor for your numbers I have recently found a new one, @ThreeDucklingDesigns based out of NC. She's a boutique vinyl designer but has the lowest prices I have found and quick turn around. I have used her on my last 3 projects and have been really happy.
              Chasing Perfection to catch Excellence

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X