Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenant's "personal" vehicle is a UHaul??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant's "personal" vehicle is a UHaul??

I have a tenant who uses a UHaul truck as his personal vehicle. Every time he comes in here, he's driving it. I asked him about it one day and he said whenever he needs a vehicle, he rents a truck. Today makes day 29 that he's been driving the same truck. I guess it is easier to rent a uhaul than a car, and as long as he's paying for it, it's fine. I would have never thought to do that.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

That is strange. I never would have figured it was cheaper to rent a UHaul instead of going to a car rental place.
    Adam Harris
    Store More Mini Storage
    Rogersville, TN

Comment

When you think about it, a car rental 'requires' a credit card. Not so with a uhaul. I don't know if it would be cheaper, but it sure is a lot easier.

Comment

U-Haul also sells their trucks after they has served their purpose but I do believe they always take all badging/skin off of the truck.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

This guy actually said he was renting it from them. I just didn't know people did this kind of thing.

Comment

Well, you gotta move around stolen items or drugs somehow. He could rent a van from U-Haul for less money. Or he has a legitimate business where he needs a truck to do it and has worked out a special price for a constant rental from U-Haul. I have seen moving companies lease/rent trucks for jobs.

Comment

I'm not sure what his deal is. There's always a few smaller boxes in the back, so I don't know if it's more stuff he's bringing to his unit, or if it's stuff that he's just always hauling around with him.

Comment

Maybe he's living it it also lol
                AmyLou

Comment

Originally posted by AmyLou View Post
                  Maybe he's living it it also lol
                  I had that thought, too. At least he's not trying to park it here.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post

I had that thought, too. At least he's not trying to park it here.
                    Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post

Yet.
                      Oh trust me, the second I see that he's been here overnight in that thing, he's gone. He's given me no reason to think he would do that, but his unit is on camera so I'll be able to monitor things better.

Comment

Is it a U Haul truck or a van?

And ya know you do NOT have to have a CC to rent a truck.
                        You would need to leave a cash deposit to rent a TRUCK.
                        If you were to rent the VAN you would be required to swipe a CC.

Now, if there were anyone who wanted to rent a U Haul for any extended period of time (more than a week)
                        The U Haul system would automatically attempt to gather a bigger authorization $$ amount from the CC.

For example..say dude rents from U haul.
                        He lies as to how long he will be renting for.
                        Say he says 2 days.
                        U Haul would "authorize" a hold on the CC for an estimated 2-day rental.
                        After this 2 days, the rental period is over and the equipment is NOT returned.
                        We attempt to make contact.
                        if not, we will then just "extend" the rental (by 24 hours) and by doing this the system will actually take possession of what they owe U Haul at that time.

In the past, I have rented a van for just over 30 days.
                        When I plugged in how long the renter will have said vehicle, the system knows how to populate the correct charges.

IMHO...it sounds like he rented but still hasn't returned the truck
                        The smallest truck a 10 footer is still $20. a day and most times it can be .99 cents or up to $1.79 EACH mile! and insurance!!

YIKES!!!

I am not saying that this particular person "stole" the vehicle but man that would be a HUGE $$ rental!!!!

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

Originally posted by lady5563 View Post
                          Is it a U Haul truck or a van?

And ya know you do NOT have to have a CC to rent a truck.
                          You would need to leave a cash deposit to rent a TRUCK.
                          If you were to rent the VAN you would be required to swipe a CC.

Now, if there were anyone who wanted to rent a U Haul for any extended period of time (more than a week)
                          The U Haul system would automatically attempt to gather a bigger authorization $$ amount from the CC.

For example..say dude rents from U haul.
                          He lies as to how long he will be renting for.
                          Say he says 2 days.
                          U Haul would "authorize" a hold on the CC for an estimated 2-day rental.
                          After this 2 days, the rental period is over and the equipment is NOT returned.
                          We attempt to make contact.
                          if not, we will then just "extend" the rental (by 24 hours) and by doing this the system will actually take possession of what they owe U Haul at that time.

In the past, I have rented a van for just over 30 days.
                          When I plugged in how long the renter will have said vehicle, the system knows how to populate the correct charges.

IMHO...it sounds like he rented but still hasn't returned the truck
                          The smallest truck a 10 footer is still $20. a day and most times it can be .99 cents or up to $1.79 EACH mile! and insurance!!

YIKES!!!

I am not saying that this particular person "stole" the vehicle but man that would be a HUGE $$ rental!!!!

It's a truck, probably the 10 footer like you mentioned. While I find it hard to believe this guy would spend $600 to rent a truck for a month, every time he comes in, it's the same one. I even wrote the number down to compare.

Comment

He MAY be working with the truck?
                            As in using the truck daily to make money to pay for it???
                            Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

If you have the truck number then call in to U-Haul and find out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X