Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to merge existing units in Site link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to merge existing units in Site link?

Hey guys, anyone using Site Link web edition. Need some help here. How do you merge units?

We have a customer that has a unit under his name in Site Link and then 3 units that are under his business name. He called today and told me that only 1 unit should be under the business name and the other 2 need to go under his personal account. But how do I take his existing units and merge them with another account?

Sounds like a trivial thing. right. But I've been searching for like 20 minutes. Any help will be appreciated.

assign same codes-a pop up asks if you want to link units?? It's awhile for me, sorry.
    When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by KrisinNC View Post
      assign same codes-a pop up asks if you want to link units?? It's awhile for me, sorry.
      Thanks. Just tried it and all it gives me is the "Duplicate access code" message.

Comment

Originally posted by bnr_manager View Post

Thanks. Just tried it and all it gives me is the "Duplicate access code" message.
        Bummer-Yeah, with using Quickstor now my Sitelink memory is melting away..
        When I had all of my ducks in a row-I realized that most of them were not even mine!

WA State

Comment

Can you assign non duplicate access codes, link them and then reassign the old access codes? I almost used the word "like" but I held back. Sorry, but everytime i hear the word "like" and "absolutely" used I just cringe. "Do ya know what I mean Vern?"

Yep, Kris, QuikStor is much easier.
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

OK, guys. I guess the question should be "how do I link those units?"

Comment

If I had ever used Site Link, any edition, I would gladly jump in to help. What I was suggesting was a possible workaround based on you say it popped up a "duplicate access code" message. If I didn't know for sure then I would try changing the access codes and do the link up and then reset the codes to the old ones. For all I know that would really mess it up but hell, I will try it if I think I can get away with it.

Comment

Oh, yeah. If I change the code. .... it will just change the code. And that's it.

What I can't seem to find is how to link one rented unit with another rented unit. So if anyone using Site Link knows how to do it please let me know?

Comment

In QuikStor you just pull up an existing tenant, the options above include, link/unlink, you click on that and then it shows what is linked and has a complete list of unlinked units and you just scroll down and pick the unit number and link it. It is really that simple. I wish it was that way for you.

Comment

They have to be either under his name, or under the business. And, no, SiteLink doesn't allow duplicate codes so trying to do anything code related won't work. Any units linked together all use the same code; there is no way to assign different codes to different units. Changing the business units to his name *should* link them together. The business one will have to stay on it's own. IF the personal accounts don't link after changing the name info, the only other way I know of is to close and re-open using the personal name of the tenant.
                    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

I found this online:

When the same tenant rents multiple units in SiteLink they will be linked together by default (and when invoicing they receive one invoice for all their units). These units should show together in a "Batch" version of the Payments screen. When a unit does not show up on the Payments screen with other units the tenant has rented it means it was moved in under a "new" tenant record (with a same or similar name).
                      The "split" unit must be manually linked to the other unit(s).
                      Users can link units to the same tenant by following the steps below:
                      1. Click Company
                      2. Click Utilities
                      3. Press CTRL + SHIFT + T(all 3 keys at the same time). This reveals the "Move Ledger to Another Tenant" button
                      4. Click Move Ledger to Another Tenant
                      5. Select the unit on the left
                      6. Select the correct tenant on the right. (Note: If the tenant names are the same use the Gate Code column to choose the correct name)
                      7. Click Transfer and verify the information in the prompt is correct before clicking "OK"
                      8. Click Close to exit the Transfer Lease screen
                      9. Verify linking the units together was successful by confirming that the units show together on the Payments screen

Comment

FYI...it works. I have a tenant who has had 2 separate units (one was father-in-laws) and they never linked together when I changed from FIL to tenant. I just followed the steps above and it worked. My tenant now shows both units under one record. Hey, even I learned something new today!

Comment

So, you *should* be able to keep the business units titled as a business but still link all together.

Comment

Originally posted by DairyGirl View Post
                            I found this online:

When the same tenant rents multiple units in SiteLink they will be linked together by default (and when invoicing they receive one invoice for all their units). These units should show together in a "Batch" version of the Payments screen. When a unit does not show up on the Payments screen with other units the tenant has rented it means it was moved in under a "new" tenant record (with a same or similar name).
                            The "split" unit must be manually linked to the other unit(s).
                            Users can link units to the same tenant by following the steps below:
                            1. Click Company
                            2. Click Utilities
                            3. Press CTRL + SHIFT + T(all 3 keys at the same time). This reveals the "Move Ledger to Another Tenant" button
                            4. Click Move Ledger to Another Tenant
                            5. Select the unit on the left
                            6. Select the correct tenant on the right. (Note: If the tenant names are the same use the Gate Code column to choose the correct name)
                            7. Click Transfer and verify the information in the prompt is correct before clicking "OK"
                            8. Click Close to exit the Transfer Lease screen
                            9. Verify linking the units together was successful by confirming that the units show together on the Payments screen

Oh wow! They have a hidden button. Seriously! How do they want us to know all this?

Anyway thanks a lot for following up on this. Unfortunately though that "transfer" button is grayed out when I select his business unit on the left and his personal unit on the right. Amazingly it is not grayed out if I select someone else's unit above or below. So why is it not letting me do it?

Comment

You know, I think I got it. Purely from desperation I tried poking at it and it turns out that for some reason (probably synonymous with the one why that option was hidden in the first place) if I didn't use these search fields everything worked well and the button was not grayed out:

It takes a while to scroll through both lists but in the end the "transfer" button will be available. So thank you @DairyGirl again for finding this! You saved my bacon

So I'm showing this for anyone else who spends 2 hours trying to do the same. Hope it helps.

PS. Now I have a separate side question. What are those "refused" entries on the right? (Each having a very simple 4-digit gate code.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X