Mental Health Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Health Day

I think we should all be rewarded with a random mental health day once a month... seriously some of these people have me wondering about the future of mankind.
    I have a young female tenant, about 25 yrs old, who insists she is being followed by the Free Masons. Specifically, its a series of red cars with one head light, its how they communicate with each other she says. And she warned me that after she leaves, a man will come into the facility and walk by her unit.. I asked her how she knows this is she left already? She just knows, she says. On her way out the door, another one of my tenants, who looks like an extra for Carmen San Diego ( Large hat, sunglasses, rubber kitchen gloves to the elbow and a poncho- she even wears this outfit inside- who knows it might actually be a sensitivity to sunlight or something) walks past her causing this 25 yr old to go into a panic thinking she is following her. They are instantly suspicious of each other and do the once over as they slowly walk in opposite directions. 25 yr old Whispers to me, see? see?!! I told you! Then runs to her car and peels out of the parking lot. Carmen Sandiego is just staring at us like WTH was that about? What can I say? I just smile and say, kids, am I right? This is just one glimpse into one day at what we affectionately call the funny farm
    Last edited by wc1974; 9th March 2019, 01:29 PM.
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

If you just started wondering about the future of mankind, you are way behind.

I started on that fateful day in November of 2008 and was wondering then and gained momentum now to the point of no return. We are doomed.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
      A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Comment

My son-in-law is a mason and I seriously doubt they go around following people. But who knows, their meetings are very secretive.
        In my first few months working here, I had a tenant that used to say gang members from Chicago followed him here and were trying to kill him. He was always calling the police to say people were following him and hiding in bushes waiting for him so they could attack him. The local PD were so familiar with him all I had to do was say his first name and they all knew who I was talking about.
        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

I have another one that is on medication for paranoid schizophrenia. He is really hard to deal with when he is off his meds. He will scream at his imaginary friends at the top of his lungs, and it terrifies people who are on site because they dont know whats happening. The police know him by name too. I understand mental health is a serious issue, and it seems to me to be a growing problem with younger people- maybe its just that the information is out there more now than ever to bring awareness? Its very sad, and I try not to judge because I cant even fathom what they are going through. My heart goes out to them, but then again, I have a business to run, not a clinic. I know that sounds harsh, but we have to enforce rules and maintain a professional atmosphere for customers. Hard to do when these folks suffering from mental issues cause a scene or 2 or 3 or more.
          You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Tin foil hats abound. I have 2 tenants that just refuse to give me their email address for receipts to be sent to. I tell them that I never mail them and they must trust that I will post their payment. If they drop the payment during office hours I can hand them a receipt but they drop after hours, is all on them. I also tell them to never drop cash. Not going down that road.

No one here appears to be afraid of being tailed or tracked but that doesn't mean they just haven't said anything to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
              I have another one that is on medication for paranoid schizophrenia. He is really hard to deal with when he is off his meds. He will scream at his imaginary friends at the top of his lungs, and it terrifies people who are on site because they dont know whats happening. The police know him by name too. I understand mental health is a serious issue, and it seems to me to be a growing problem with younger people- maybe its just that the information is out there more now than ever to bring awareness? Its very sad, and I try not to judge because I cant even fathom what they are going through. My heart goes out to them, but then again, I have a business to run, not a clinic. I know that sounds harsh, but we have to enforce rules and maintain a professional atmosphere for customers. Hard to do when these folks suffering from mental issues cause a scene or 2 or 3 or more.
              Drug use over the years and stronger drugs used now are big factors in these problems. Every time I turn around I hear about very strong pot use, opioids popped liked candy, crack, coke, meth, heroin and fentanyl are just a few. Mixed with alcohol and who knows what else and you have the "crazier than all get out cocktail". This of course is not the entire problem. Family history with mental health issues can help predict other problems. It isn't always something that the individual can control.

Comment

I could seriously use a mental health day
                AmyLou

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X