Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing locks/ facility under contract

Hello Community,

we currently have our second facility under contract. This facility has numerous 3 foot man doors which currently have key lock deadbolts. My system is to put in an electric gate linked to my software so I can lock people out of the whole facility which currently is not completely fenced. Meeting people to give them keys and the whole key exchange just doesn’t work for my system .

my goal is to convert these man doors to paddle lock style locks.

I am wondering if anyone has ever seen a 2-3/4 boar paddle lockable deadbolt style lock?

Can anyone help me with what companies have the biggest selection of Door hardware?

I'm not sure if this paddle lockable deadbolt even exist so I might have to get creative with another application.

Thanks!!

Jesse
    Last edited by Amy_ISS; 11th March 2019, 05:09 PM.

Have you looked at Chateauproducts.com? They have several locks/hasp type things and one of them may be what you're looking for under slidebolt latches and accessories or flat door latches.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I am one of the "Hell" community. LOL!
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        I too am from the Hell Community!

pacnwstorage I had to do a triple take! I was like, what is Pac talking about? and then I saw it!
        LOL
        Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

I fixed the typo. (For those who missed it, the o was missing on hello.)
          Amy Campbell
          Editor
          Inside Self-Storage
          amy.campbell@informa.com

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Steve_hajewski
            Reply to Break in at our units
            by Steve_hajewski
            Sorry to hear about this. Chateau sells a cylinder lock that is compatible with Trac-Rite's latches. The also sell two different stainless slide latches that will fit the door, however they will require drilling new holes.

It does sound like you were doing things correctly for being a rural...
            Yesterday, 09:23 PM
          • KrisinNC
            Reply to Break in at our units
            by KrisinNC
            It sounds like you're on top of it. I'd add motion sensitive lights. Regular lighting then when there is motion brighter lights pop on so they realize that maybe there are cameras. I'd make the utility/camera room not accessible to the outside if possible....
            Yesterday, 08:39 PM
          • MBStorage
            Break in at our units
            by MBStorage
            To preface this, we are in a rural area where it's extremely rare to find storage units with a fence, gate, office, etc. Much like 95% of the other storage unit businesses around, we do not have those things. We do have security cameras and an on-site computer in a utility room that records the camera...
            Yesterday, 07:48 PM
          Working...
          X