Just yelled at a tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just yelled at a tenant

Ohhhh I'm so pi$$ed right now. I just went out and ripped a tenant a new one. Lucky for her she's in the process of vacating her unit or she'd be terminated right now, get your crap out, I'm locking the gate.
    I happened to go into the office for something and glanced at the camera monitor. This tenant is flying around the buildings in her car. When she turned a corner and headed to the RV area, I grabbed my phone, threw some shoes on, and RAN to where her unit is. All I could think of was her losing control on some gravel and taking out somebody's RV, or me. could hear her car tires squealing as she turned towards the building her unit is in. She was at her unit door when I came around the corner yelling "what the hell was that!?" She says, I'm sorry, I'm just really freaking out right now". I said "then go freak out somewhere else! People walk around here, *I* walk around here with my dog. You're lucky I didn't call the cops and if you do it again I will"! She kept saying I'm sorry over and over.
    I am just shaking I'm so mad. Like I said, if she wasn't already on her way out, she would be right now.
    Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Sometimes you need to give them a 'come to Jesus' moment. Good thing she's moving out for sure.
    90% of what you're stressing about now won't even be relevant in a year. Breathe easy. ~Wesley Snipes

WA State

Comment

Yup. I'm babysitting the cameras now, waiting for her to leave so I can check if her unit is empty. As soon as I see it is, I'm locking out that gate code.

Comment

Unit's empty and closed. Good riddance!

Comment

She's entitled, doncha know!
          "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Dairygirl,

I just had a confrontation with a tenant too.. About a month ago I found her sleeping in her unit. I wanted her evicted but my boss is a much more generous person than I, so we compromised and allowed her to stay but only gave access to her unit during office hours, and she had to check in at the office coming and going.When she came in last week, I had 3 people in the office, one rental and 2 waiting to make payments. She comes in and starts interrupting us saying "I'm here during business hours OK?! I want my door open now! I dont understand why your being so restrictive!" I asked her if she wanted to have a seat while I finished up with the other folks? She kept running her mouth. I apologized to the new tenant and the other 2. I turned to her and said, "Do you really want me to say in front of these folks why you find yourself having to check in? Can you wait just a minute and I will go over that with you, they were here first." She explodes, saying" I was here first when I rented the unit, you cant deny me access!" OK, by now my patience is gone, and then I say out loud, in front of everyone: "OK Barb, here is why you cant access your locker right now: because you violated your lease when I found you sleeping in there, and instead of evicting you,we showed some compassion and put you on limited access hours to prevent that from happening again. You are supposed to check in to ask us to open the unit for you. You are well aware of why your access is limited and if you keep it up, you will be evicted for harassing me over it. Got it? Do I need to explain it again for you?!" She shut right up and left the office in a huff. The new tenant was visibly bothered by the conversation and I had to apologize to them for losing my cool. They told me they were not upset by what I said, but by Barbs attitude. The other 2 tenants got a giggle out of it. It was embarrassing to have it happen in front of other customers to say the least.
            Last edited by wc1974; 15th May 2019, 01:12 PM. Reason: spell check
            You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I had a client come in an cuss me up one side and down the other because I'm a "Scam artist and his daughter can climb over the wall into the next unit, and why didn't we build the units properly, and they don't need airflow -they're like garages, and He's going to tell the owner that I'm a scam artist and horrible customer service, yadayadayada". When he finally let me get a word in I told him since he knows the owner to talk to her as she's the one who built the property and ask her why the walls don't go all the way up. He said more F words than I've ever heard from one person in all my 56 years. All within a 10 minute span.

When he came in to rent I should have told him we were full but he used the 'owner's name' knowing her and knew I couldn't do that. He's one of those who can't give out the last four of his social, his full mailing address because they'll go after him etc. He refer's to his "ex" as "the kid's mother" Boy - who got away from whom first? I feel sorry for his daughters because they'll learn that treating someone like that is acceptable.

(Putting away my little box now....thanks)
              Tall Terri

The customer's fantasy doesn't always match with reality!

Comment

I have had a conversation with the owner here about people that say they know him and are likely expecting a discount or forgiveness of breaking a facility policy. He looked me square in the eye and said, "Ron, I know lots of people. Some I like and some I don't. I hired you to run the facility like you own it and I guarantee you that in doing so you will never get grief from me. You have kept all your promises you made to me and I will do the same to you. Tell the person who name drops that I personally said not to rent to them. In my whole professional career I have hated name droppers and I am not about to change now. If they insist on renting there tell them the rent is double." He shook my hand and said to keep up the good work and let him know if I get any grief from any of the name droppers. Never ever has he overruled me when I said I wanted someone gone.

wc1974, that boss is not generous but is greedy and knows it is you who has to put up with them.

Tall Terri, my conversation with that guy would never have went that far. Out the door they go, period.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by wc1974 View Post
                  Dairygirl,

I just had a confrontation with a tenant too.. About a month ago I found her sleeping in her unit. I wanted her evicted but my boss is a much more generous person than I, so we compromised and allowed her to stay but only gave access to her unit during office hours, and she had to check in at the office coming and going.When she came in last week, I had 3 people in the office, one rental and 2 waiting to make payments. She comes in and starts interrupting us saying "I'm here during business hours OK?! I want my door open now! I dont understand why your being so restrictive!" I asked her if she wanted to have a seat while I finished up with the other folks? She kept running her mouth. I apologized to the new tenant and the other 2. I turned to her and said, "Do you really want me to say in front of these folks why you find yourself having to check in? Can you wait just a minute and I will go over that with you, they were here first." She explodes, saying" I was here first when I rented the unit, you cant deny me access!" OK, by now my patience is gone, and then I say out loud, in front of everyone: "OK Barb, here is why you cant access your locker right now: because you violated your lease when I found you sleeping in there, and instead of evicting you,we showed some compassion and put you on limited access hours to prevent that from happening again. You are supposed to check in to ask us to open the unit for you. You are well aware of why your access is limited and if you keep it up, you will be evicted for harassing me over it. Got it? Do I need to explain it again for you?!" She shut right up and left the office in a huff. The new tenant was visibly bothered by the conversation and I had to apologize to them for losing my cool. They told me they were not upset by what I said, but by Barbs attitude. The other 2 tenants got a giggle out of it. It was embarrassing to have it happen in front of other customers to say the least.
                  I like how she said she was there first just because she already had a unit there. Good for you calling her out on her crap in front of others. If nothing else, those other tenants know for sure you won't put up with any crap.

Comment

Name droppers are the worst. Unless I get a phone call that says "I told so-and-so to come see you about renting a unit" it doesn't mean much to me.

Comment

My favorite come back when a tenant starts getting loud is, "you are really going to yell at the person who controls your rent? We can talk, but it will get expensive if you get loud"
                      --
                      Ron

http://n6ach.com
                      http://laws.n6ach.com
                      ron.v@n6ach.com

Comment

Originally posted by ams View Post
                        My favorite come back when a tenant starts getting loud is, "you are really going to yell at the person who controls your rent? We can talk, but it will get expensive if you get loud"
                        You need a decibel charge chart LOL
                        Maximum Noise Exposure Charge Chart

85 8 hours normal
                        88 4 hours normal
                        91 2 hours normal
                        94 1 hour a little loud
                        97 30 minutes louder
                        100 15 minutes $5 per minute
                        103 7.5 minutes $6 per minute
                        106 3.7 minutes $10 per minute
                        109 112 seconds Ask them to stop yelling
                        112 56 seconds Ask them to leave
                        115 28 seconds Call the cops
                        118 14 seconds Put on ear protection
                        121 7 seconds Ear damage results
                        124 3 seconds Ear damage results
                        127 1 second Deafness can result
                        130 to 140 less than 1 second Deafness can result
                        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tandrle
                          Reply to Powered stalls
                          by tandrle
                          Good feedback, I really like the Levitons and could see putting automation in place to handle it. I could use If this then that to turn on or off the outlet. The drawback is that the outlets all have a manual option to turn it on. I think using IFTTT can just shut it off it detected every 5 min or...
                          Today, 03:36 PM
                        • Steve_hajewski
                          Reply to Powered stalls
                          by Steve_hajewski
                          I have some of them on my property. Each on a separate 20 amp breaker. I charge a $20 per month premium for the power. I have an automated kiosk for rentals but those units are blocked off in the management software so that you need to meet me to rent them.

So far those units have been...
                          Today, 03:15 PM
                        • KrisinNC
                          Reply to Powered stalls
                          by KrisinNC
                          That seems like a great idea-though place them somewhere they won't get damaged when a senior citizen inevitably knocks into one side of the other. I've had many phone calls for powered spaces so they can run dehumidifiers or a trickle charge for their battery....
                          Today, 03:04 PM
                        Working...
                        X