Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Moon Leases

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blue Moon Leases

    We are currently using Blue Moon through TSSA. I noticed today a message that stated the software will be no longer as of March 2020. I called TSSA and they stated we will have to sign up with someone else, such as SiteLink (who is our manager software), StorEdge, etc. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by AngelaESSTX; 16 October 2019, 03:41 PM.

  • #2
    Just get your own leases made and put them in to sitelink. No point in paying someone else per lease.

    Comment


    • #3
      We prefer to use a company now. We used to use our own years and years ago, then switched to Blue Moon through TSSA. The wording and legality of everything was much more professional and appealing. That way, also, we know all of our bases are covered. It also gives an extra layer of protection and legal team to anything to do with the leases as well. It is TSSA that will no longer be working with Blue Moon, which is why we will have to use someone else for the leases. We would never pull out from being members of TSSA.

      Comment


      • #4
        We have always used our own rental agreement that our lawyer helped us make. I would send a copy of what you currently use and tell your lawyer to make you up something you can continue to use.

        Comment


        • #5
          I got the new E-lease software installed at one of our properties for TSSA. I HATE IT so far. It prints super tiny, you can't read it on the E-sign screen, and there is an issue with the margins. The lines print right on the edge of the paper. I've emailed them about it, but didn't seem like there would be any changes to it. I love the idea of getting rid of Bluemoon, I just hope they revise the formatting soon.

          The design was poorly done. It gives the tenant the option to select which payment methods WE accept. (Makes no Sense!)

          I know it's brand new, but I really hope they make some changes to it soon. For now, I'm still using the Bluemoon agreements (Trying to use up all of our clicks.)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by psconroe View Post
            I got the new E-lease software installed at one of our properties for TSSA. I HATE IT so far. It prints super tiny, you can't read it on the E-sign screen, and there is an issue with the margins. The lines print right on the edge of the paper. I've emailed them about it, but didn't seem like there would be any changes to it. I love the idea of getting rid of Bluemoon, I just hope they revise the formatting soon.

            The design was poorly done. It gives the tenant the option to select which payment methods WE accept. (Makes no Sense!)

            I know it's brand new, but I really hope they make some changes to it soon. For now, I'm still using the Bluemoon agreements (Trying to use up all of our clicks.)
            Oh that's disheartening to hear. We are also using up the rest of our clicks and waiting to switch. I am hoping they get the kinks worked out before we switch, it sounds like it will mess with my OCD Thank you so much for the heads up!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RandyL View Post
              We have always used our own rental agreement that our lawyer helped us make. I would send a copy of what you currently use and tell your lawyer to make you up something you can continue to use.
              My thoughts exactly. I have a new location that will be opening next year in San Antonio and I have already hired my lawyer to write our lease for us. I was under the impression that you had to use Blue Moon, but you absolutely do not! I have leases in TN, GA and FL but not Texas. I use Jeff Greenberger and he is amazing. He has written all of them for me and he is very reasonable.
              Stephanie Tharpe
              President
              A+ Management Group, LP
              Nashville, TN
              www.aplusmanagementgroup.com
              615.288.2162

              TNSSA Board of Directors
              www.tnssa.net

              Comment


              • #8
                If I'm not mistaken, and I could be wrong, but when you are a member of TSSA, you must use their leases and they contracted Blue Moon. They are now losing BM and instead, we have to go through our management software, which is SiteLink

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken, and I could be wrong, but when you are a member of TSSA, you must use their leases and they contracted Blue Moon. They are now losing BM and instead, we have to go through our management software, which is SiteLink
                  Sitelink allows you to load any lease you want to use. You can have your attorney create a lease for you and then upload the form into Sitelink. Sitelink as a software company may have a sample loaded into the software, but it may or may not conform to your state laws. That would be for an attorney to look over and decide.
                  MamaDuke

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

                    Sitelink allows you to load any lease you want to use. You can have your attorney create a lease for you and then upload the form into Sitelink. Sitelink as a software company may have a sample loaded into the software, but it may or may not conform to your state laws. That would be for an attorney to look over and decide.
                    Right, I'm aware of SL flexibility. However, with being members of TSSA is where I'm wondering if we are restricted to their leases. Which don't get me wrong, they're great! I'm just not sure if we could ever use anything besides what is TSSA approved.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post

                      Right, I'm aware of SL flexibility. However, with being members of TSSA is where I'm wondering if we are restricted to their leases. Which don't get me wrong, they're great! I'm just not sure if we could ever use anything besides what is TSSA approved.
                      State associations are for your benefit, but they do not require the use of any form. In fact, as MusicCity Gal stated, she currently has Jeff Greenberger drawing up a lease for her new TX property. And if anyone knows the industry, MCG does!
                      MamaDuke

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

                        State associations are for your benefit, but they do not require the use of any form. In fact, as MusicCity Gal stated, she currently has Jeff Greenberger drawing up a lease for her new TX property. And if anyone knows the industry, MCG does!
                        Thank you MamaDuke ! I did check with Jeff, and even if you are a Member of TSSA, you are not required to use Blue Moon. I will also be joining TSSA. I was a member years ago and they are a wonderful association and have a fantastic annual conference. But I will stick with our own lease.

                        TNSSA also provides a lease however we are not required as members to use it. I have served on the TNSSA Board of Directors for the last 5 years and am the 2020 Incoming President! I am so excited.
                        Stephanie Tharpe
                        President
                        A+ Management Group, LP
                        Nashville, TN
                        www.aplusmanagementgroup.com
                        615.288.2162

                        TNSSA Board of Directors
                        www.tnssa.net

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MusicCity Gal View Post

                          My thoughts exactly. I have a new location that will be opening next year in San Antonio and I have already hired my lawyer to write our lease for us. I was under the impression that you had to use Blue Moon, but you absolutely do not! I have leases in TN, GA and FL but not Texas. I use Jeff Greenberger and he is amazing. He has written all of them for me and he is very reasonable.
                          My first facility used him as well for our lease. And it wasn't a 6 page lease either-thank goodness.
                          Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

                          WA State

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You can use other rental agreements and still be a member of TXSSA, but just know if you use something else they can't really give advice for special circumstances.
                            BELIEVE me. I just went through it with a facility we bought that had their own leases. I would just make sure every possible situation is covered in the rental agreement. I was hoping with the new Sitelink E-Sign I could email them all new leases and get the facility back on track. Too bad the Boat/RV rental agreements aren't ready because that's 90% what I need.

                            Comment

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            • wc1974
                              Reply to How to get out of an online rental
                              by wc1974
                              Are your units overlocked until rented, or do they have a way to access them via kiosk or other way? We keep our vacant units locked, so even if they rent online they still cant access building without a code, and if they successfully follow someone in, the unit is locked so they cant just move in without...
                              Today, 01:10 PM
                            • Amy_ISS
                              Reply to Topics ISS Should Address
                              by Amy_ISS
                              Perhaps. That data is like gold and many vendors want to get paid to provide it. We do have some contributors who might be willing to offer insight....
                              Today, 01:07 PM
                            • RMRSS
                              Reply to How to get out of an online rental
                              by RMRSS
                              This is why I hate online rentals. I prefer to vet everyone at least over the phone before any money changes hands. But like others have said, just void their payment (if same-day) and delete the payment from their ledger in your management software or credit it (if it is in a closed batch). It's...
                              Today, 12:54 PM
                            Working...
                            X