Announcement

Collapse

New Membership Approvals

Hello! We're thrilled you want to be a part of Self-Storage Talk! Please be patient with us as registration make take longer to process around the holidays. We'll approve new accounts as promptly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding.
See more
See less

Notifying Tenants About Holiday Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifying Tenants About Holiday Hours

I just received an email from a self-storage vendor announcing its holiday schedule. Do you email your tenants to give them a heads up about your office/facility hours during the holiday season? Do you send anything by mail? Do you post signs around the facility? How do you communicate this information to your customers?
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

I put up signs 2 weeks ahead of time, most will see them before the holiday. I print on colorful paper and post in plastic sign holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tercelet1 View Post
      I put up signs 2 weeks ahead of time, most will see them before the holiday. I print on colorful paper and post in plastic sign holder.
      I do the same thing here

Comment

I put notices up in the office 7-10 days before, but it doesn't really matter. People will still call and/or leave messages on the holiday. I find it odd (and more than a little rude) for a tenant to call on Thanksgiving or Christmas expecting to be able to make a payment. Non-tenants will also call on those days just wanting information. What is wrong with people!?
        Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Comment

We have signs on our gates that list every holiday closure/special hour, our leases state it and we put signs on the office doors. For instance we have one up currently that covers until the end of year since so many holidays close together. People still ignore it and try coming in on those days though.

Comment

Signs approximately two weeks before. Nothing else.
            Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

Our home office sends a pre-made sign about a week or so in advance,we print off and I usually hang them all over the place ( bathrooms, hallways, all entrances.) Im not sure if our website mention if we are closed on specific holidays though. I have had people rent units online on a Sunday only to be pissed off when they got here with a loaded Uhual to find us closed for the day. I know our regular hours are posted Online- but not sure of Holiday hours.
              You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

Sign is already up for Thanksgiving.

Christmas and New Years sign beginning Dec. 1.

I am off on Sundays and Mondays and my birthday is the day before Christmas. I am taking 4 days off.
                "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Our home office will send to us a paper sign for the front office door.
                  Probably about 2 weeks prior to any upcoming holiday!
                  We will also post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
                  Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can do today.

Comment

We put up a sign on the office door about a month before. And it goes on the voicemail.
                    MamaDuke

Comment

We use signs, emails and social media.
                      Stephanie Tharpe
                      President
                      A+ Management Group, LP
                      Nashville, TN
                      www,aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
                      www.tnssa.net

Comment

I still remember the tenant that came in the day after Thanksgiving and sincerely seemed baffled that he had come by the day before and no one was there to rent to him. Then he stared at me blankly as I reminded him it was Thanksgiving.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KrisinNC
                          Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                          by KrisinNC
                          Or you could electrify your current fence with a box/wire used for horses/cattle. IT won't ~kill~ them, but it packs a punch. I'd know, I've bumped into a few. ...
                          Yesterday, 09:44 PM
                        • evansr
                          Reply to Promotional ideas
                          by evansr
                          Same here, our unit occupancy has been a bit low, company average across our sites 86% (we've also added new units at a few sites), but our economic occupancy is at an all time high (percentage and dollar totals) due to consistent rate increases on all customers. We use storEDGE and push our discounts...
                          Yesterday, 09:13 PM
                        • Storman
                          Reply to Expanded metal fencing... do you have experience with this?
                          by Storman
                          This expanded metal comes in many thicknesses and sizes. The 3/4" and 9 gauge is likely much heavier than what you used for your trailer ramp. The 4x8 sheets that I'm looking at cost about $60 each, but the added cost of galvanizing and delivering them to my facility is what bumps them to ~$100...
                          Yesterday, 07:55 PM
                        Working...
                        X