Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMRSS
    replied
    I still remember the tenant that came in the day after Thanksgiving and sincerely seemed baffled that he had come by the day before and no one was there to rent to him. Then he stared at me blankly as I reminded him it was Thanksgiving.

Leave a comment:

• MusicCity Gal
    replied
    We use signs, emails and social media.

Leave a comment:

• MamaDuke
    replied
    We put up a sign on the office door about a month before. And it goes on the voicemail.

Leave a comment:

• lady5563
    replied
    Our home office will send to us a paper sign for the front office door.
    Probably about 2 weeks prior to any upcoming holiday!
    We will also post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Leave a comment:

• pacnwstorage
    replied
    Sign is already up for Thanksgiving.

Christmas and New Years sign beginning Dec. 1.

I am off on Sundays and Mondays and my birthday is the day before Christmas. I am taking 4 days off.

Leave a comment:

• wc1974
    replied
    Our home office sends a pre-made sign about a week or so in advance,we print off and I usually hang them all over the place ( bathrooms, hallways, all entrances.) Im not sure if our website mention if we are closed on specific holidays though. I have had people rent units online on a Sunday only to be pissed off when they got here with a loaded Uhual to find us closed for the day. I know our regular hours are posted Online- but not sure of Holiday hours.

Leave a comment:

• KrisinNC
    replied
    Signs approximately two weeks before. Nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Orkocean
    replied
    We have signs on our gates that list every holiday closure/special hour, our leases state it and we put signs on the office doors. For instance we have one up currently that covers until the end of year since so many holidays close together. People still ignore it and try coming in on those days though.

Leave a comment:

• DairyGirl
    replied
    I put notices up in the office 7-10 days before, but it doesn't really matter. People will still call and/or leave messages on the holiday. I find it odd (and more than a little rude) for a tenant to call on Thanksgiving or Christmas expecting to be able to make a payment. Non-tenants will also call on those days just wanting information. What is wrong with people!?

Leave a comment:

• AngelaESSTX
    replied
    Originally posted by Tercelet1 View Post
    I put up signs 2 weeks ahead of time, most will see them before the holiday. I print on colorful paper and post in plastic sign holder.
    I do the same thing here

Leave a comment:

• Tercelet1
    replied
    I put up signs 2 weeks ahead of time, most will see them before the holiday. I print on colorful paper and post in plastic sign holder.

Leave a comment:

• Amy_ISS
    started a topic Notifying Tenants About Holiday Hours

Notifying Tenants About Holiday Hours

I just received an email from a self-storage vendor announcing its holiday schedule. Do you email your tenants to give them a heads up about your office/facility hours during the holiday season? Do you send anything by mail? Do you post signs around the facility? How do you communicate this information to your customers?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X