A Safety Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Safety Reminder

In a new ISS guest blog, a self-storage operator shares a strange encounter that left her a bit shaken.
    Amy Campbell
    Editor
    Inside Self-Storage
    [email protected]

@AmyCampbell_ISS

Wow. That's scary.

It's good that she thought quickly enough to look them up! I'm sure if nothing else, it saved a host of future headaches.
    MamaDuke

Comment

Yeah-my spidey senses and the rules have helped me avoid things in the past. She was smart to check. Avoided shenanigans, I'm sure.
      Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

Comment

My spidey sense red flags went off asap. I would not even have volunteered the possible rental of the 5x5 or anything after that. I know, I know, you had to be there but I never want to move in trouble. Glad it went ok in the end.
        "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacnwstorage View Post
          My spidey sense red flags went off asap. I would not even have volunteered the possible rental of the 5x5 or anything after that. I know, I know, you had to be there but I never want to move in trouble. Glad it went ok in the end.
          I agree Pac. Mine went off ASAP too. I would have never went as far as she did. Good for her though, trying to help.

Always go with your first gut reaction.
          Stephanie Tharpe
          President
          A+ Management Group, LP
          Nashville, TN
          www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
          www.tnssa.net

Comment

The "skittish" actions of druggies and thieves give them away and if they will not look me in the eye, GOOD BYE!

I learned a long time ago that I want to control the conversation. IMO, that is over half the battle. Gobs of red flags in that story.
            "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Kevin SC
              Reply to Interesting idea
              by Kevin SC
              I love it Storagelady!

Create separate discounts in your software so you can track each moving company's performance in your reports too.
              Today, 01:26 AM
            • Storagelady898
              Interesting idea
              by Storagelady898
              So I dont like the idea of running specials personally because people are absolutely crazy. BUT I had an interesting idea, wanted to see if others had any experience with this. Taking coupons ( say $10 off sign up or whatever) and taking them to uhaul places, realtors and property management companies...
              Yesterday, 10:20 PM
            • Storagelady898
              Reply to Pest and Bug protection kit
              by Storagelady898
              We put bait stations in every empty unit and refill the bait. Also we spray the insides with bug stuff. I wouldn't trust a tenant to do it. I let the tenants know this when they rent a unit to not be alarmed if they see it, "we dont have a mouse problem and we dont want a mouse problem. And we...
              Yesterday, 10:13 PM
            Working...
            X