What are people thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are people thinking?

We have a tenant who uses a cane because he's not terribly steady and in the past has had a stroke. This genius picks the COLDEST, ICIEST night to go tooling around and visit the self storage facility. Then proceeds to completely rearrange his car, in the dark, in the below 32 degree cold, on the spot where I've salted it to the best of my ability but I sure as heck don't guarantee it for a guy using a CANE, for crying out loud. He's going door to door and rearranging stuff from front to back and back to front. I can't even with this guy. I want to go out and yell at him, "TO GO HOME BECAUSE IT'S FRICKIN' ICY outside, you utter moron!" But that's rude. *faceplam* I'm waiting him for him to fall, seriously.
    Even duct-tape can't fix stupid. But it can muffle the noises.

WA State

That is one of the lines new tenants initial on my lease. I look right at them and tell them we are not responsible for any bumps, scrapes, bruises or falls. Whatever happens is all on them. To this day, I cannot figure out why some people of any age have to visit their unit(s) when weather is bad and even on a daily basis. I understand if it is a business but an individual making 6 trips a day to a unit. They either can't handle remembering what they are at the unit for or they just have a mental fascination of unlocking and locking the door and just looking at their items.
    "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

When I was at our Pasadena location, it was the same way. Not with ice or anything, obviously lol. Mostly with rain. It would be pouring down and folks would be in their units or piddling around them. I felt like yelling "GO HOME!!! Why are you even here??!!" Just like when hurricane Ike hit, some tenants were trying to access their units when I don't even know how they got to the facility because the main roads were flooded! I guess they walked or came by boat sheesh

Comment

I have an elderly father who has had a few strokes and walks with a cane. I can tell you from experience that the medication he is on, combined with the lack of oxygen the brain gets when his heart is acting up can cause him to do really strange stuff. We had a similar situation last winter where he spent a whole evening in his garage tring to organize his things, no coat, no heater,not very well lit. My mother had to keep checking on him because he refused to listen to her , and subsequently wound back up in the hospital with pneumonia. Sometimes they just arent all there upstairs. I know its frustrating, but he probably wasnt thinking clearly.
        You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I have a Freezing Drizzle event happening right now in my area making travel difficult.

This morning while I was actually in the process of driving to each of my locations and checking them out for icy conditions I get a call from a tenant. My gate was not working (turned out to be a power outage) and the ice allowed him to get his vehicle pinned near the gate.

He was informing me that I needed to get it taken care of right away that he needed to be at work and didn't have time to be stuck. he also informed me that I needed to do a better job of salting before these events happen.

I just explained that I am just one person, and the freezing drizzle was still actively happening. That is is the drivers responsibility to be careful if they wish to travel in those conditions. I then proceed to tell him that I can try to do better, but I wouldn't expect anything different in an active ice storm.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyL View Post
            I have a Freezing Drizzle event happening right now in my area making travel difficult.

This morning while I was actually in the process of driving to each of my locations and checking them out for icy conditions I get a call from a tenant. My gate was not working (turned out to be a power outage) and the ice allowed him to get his vehicle pinned near the gate.

He was informing me that I needed to get it taken care of right away that he needed to be at work and didn't have time to be stuck. he also informed me that I needed to do a better job of salting before these events happen.

I just explained that I am just one person, and the freezing drizzle was still actively happening. That is is the drivers responsibility to be careful if they wish to travel in those conditions. I then proceed to tell him that I can try to do better, but I wouldn't expect anything different in an active ice storm.

WA State

Comment

We have two sets of bay doors, but the far side is broken-which has worked in our favor because we can readily control access while everything is yucky and icy. I have a -'this door is closed!' sign, a yellow 'wet floor' sign with an neon orange add on stating that the area is icy, and two large orange cones so people can't park. I haven't shoveled or anything on that end-which makes it obvious no one has been down there. So far two people have pulled up, gotten out of their vehicles to see why the cones are keeping them from parking.
              sigh.

WA State

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaESSTX View Post
                When I was at our Pasadena location, it was the same way. Not with ice or anything, obviously lol. Mostly with rain. It would be pouring down and folks would be in their units or piddling around them. I felt like yelling "GO HOME!!! Why are you even here??!!" Just like when hurricane Ike hit, some tenants were trying to access their units when I don't even know how they got to the facility because the main roads were flooded! I guess they walked or came by boat sheesh
                That's Pasadena people for you! When we ran a site in Pasadena it never failed... Oh look it's storming out, street is flooding to the point people are pulling off into our parking lot to wait it out and sure enough some random people will show up wanting to look at units. At least the bright side is the same as we said in car sales, if they show up in bad weather to look, they're buying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X