Red Flag Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Flag Customers

After doing lots of lurking on here; I've seen several posts in different places of the forum about red flags in potential storage customers.

What are some red flags that make you say, "Sorry but we do not have what you need."

I know some that make my spidey senses go off are:

-Repeated phone calls in a short period of time

-Not being able to look you in the eyes when you ask them a question

-Asking "What is your cheapest unit?" not caring about their size needs.

-Asking if it's ok if they "work" out of their unit (we allowed that at my old property for people such as mechanics, people working on their motorcycles, car restoration, etc. (I don't allow that at this property)

-People showing up on foot

* When they come in twitching and covered in meth sores.
    * Asking if we have 24 hours access, a bathroom, and what is the cheapest unit
    *Completely disregarding or questioning in a hostile manner everything we go over in the paperwork (rules, late fees, access hours, etc..) when they are signing. I will pause and ask them if they would pay attention or else we cant do business.Happy to refer them to my competition down the road.
    *A nasty truck or van full of what looks like garbage, wanting any size, right now......
    * when they say Im renting it for someone else because we got in a fight, or we are getting divorced or any other number of reasons that are negative and potentially going to cause a lot of drama.

Last edited by wc1974; 13th February 2020, 05:28 PM.
    You Laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You take my coffee...may God have mercy on your soul....

Comment

I actually had a guy call one time that said he just got out of jail and needed to store a back pack and a suitcase and a trash bag while he lived in the homeless camp. Aaaaaaa NO! Not no but hell no!

Will not answer my questions. Will not look me in the eyes. Asks for cheapest unit. Asks for any unit.

I did recently have a women in here that had the meth sores and wanted to store a vehicle for someone else and man oh man did she stink to high heaven.
      That stench lasted for about 30 minutes even with the doors open.

Walk ins are a red flag as well. Wanting 24/7 access. Me telling anyone that they cannot sleep here and they ask, WHY?

If on the phone and I am asking questions or trying to make a point and they constantly interrupt me.

But everyone here knows I am a big softy so I let them all stay at no charge.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

Signs of being intoxicated or stupid

Comment

"Can I get in anytime I want?"

"What's your cheapest unit?" (especially if asked in combination with the previous question)

"Will the unit door lock on me if I close it while I'm inside?" (no joke - had a guy ask me that last month)

Also, any unusual arrangements like someone trying to rent on someone else's behalf, complicated payment arrangements, overly-concerned questions about late fees and lockout, people who seem in a big hurry to finish and get out the door, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
            Signs of being intoxicated or stupid
            To be fair...well, I think you know where I'm going with this LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RMRSS View Post
              "Can I get in anytime I want?"

"What's your cheapest unit?" (especially if asked in combination with the previous question)

"Will the unit door lock on me if I close it while I'm inside?" (no joke - had a guy ask me that last month)

Also, any unusual arrangements like someone trying to rent on someone else's behalf, complicated payment arrangements, overly-concerned questions about late fees and lockout, people who seem in a big hurry to finish and get out the door, etc.
              I inherited one of those unusual payment arrangement types.
              The previous manager was awesome & gave the skinny as to who pays how & when, etc.
              There is one on my list that says to call a Mr. Peterson but do not leave a message. When I tell the actual customer Mr. Peterson hasn't picked up his phone or called, she says, "try this number." Last time I spoke to Mr. Peterson he said, "She's gonna have to start paying her own bill."
              Also when I called Mr. Peterson's phone # it was a lady (not the customer) that made the voicemail message.

SOOOO, I'm speculating the customer may have a secret thing going on with Peterson & that's why I'm not supposed to leave voicemails.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X