Covid bringing out the idiots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid bringing out the idiots?

I had a guy sign up on the waiting list for a 10x20 a few months ago. I finally had one come open yesterday and was going to call him today, but he called me before I could get the chance. He was still interested as he lived about 50 yards away and wanted to store his pickup. So I tell him we are only doing online rentals due to the virus. He says ok he'll go online and rent it. It's been about 10 hours and no sign of his rental! Then late this afternoon I had someone else call wanting to store a Jeep. I told her I had one 10x20 available and when she asked the rate ($85) she said that was way too much. It's $4 cheaper than our next competitor!

It seems something's going on. I had a woman call the other day offering to pay $35 for a 5x5. Our 5x5's go for $75 and we are the cheapest around. She said that was too much and asked if I would change my mind if she paid 3 months up front. I told her as much as I would love to, we still could not do that. She said she'd call back next week to see if we change our minds. I regretfully informed her that we wouldn't be.

Comment

Don't need a virus pandemic to have crazies come out of the woodwork.
      "Never let the inmates run the asylum!"

Comment

I have a new one. A person called wanting to know if they could store a car in a 5x5. Told them it would be a very tight fit

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post
          I have a new one. A person called wanting to know if they could store a car in a 5x5. Told them it would be a very tight fit
          You've GOT to be kidding? SMH...
          Stephanie Tharpe
          President
          A+ Management Group, LP
          Nashville, TN
          www.aplusmanagementgroup.com

TNSSA Board of Directors
          www.tnssa.net

Comment

Originally posted by T_Champeau View Post
            Call them back and tell them it is possible. All you need is the storage facility chainsaw. Cut the car down to equal sized pieces, like firewood, and stack it to the ceiling in the unit. Easy peasy. They do have to leave a $500 non-refundable deposit for the clean up after they move the car out. It is always better to tell a prospective tenant what you can do for them instead of what you can't do for them.

Comment

Originally posted by twotoejoe View Post
              I told her I had one 10x20 available and when she asked the rate ($85) she said that was way too much. It's $4 cheaper than our next competitor!
              That's a great price! If I had any available, they'd be around $400!
              MamaDuke

Comment

Originally posted by MamaDuke View Post

That's a great price! If I had any available, they'd be around $400!
                Damn! Do they have gold plated doors and latches?

Comment

Damn! Do they have gold plated doors and latches?
                  Nope. I'm in Orange County, CA!
                  MamaDuke

Comment

I had a guy sign up on the waiting list for a 10x20 a few months ago. I finally had one come open yesterday and was going to call him today, but he called me before I could get the chance. He was still interested as he lived about 50 yards away and wanted to store his pickup. So I tell him we are only doing online rentals due to the virus. He says ok he'll go online and rent it. It's been about 10 hours and no sign of his rental! Then late this afternoon I had someone else call wanting to store a Jeep. I told her I had one 10x20 available and when she asked the rate ($85) she said that was way too much. It's $4 cheaper than our next competitor!
                    So this guy calls back today and asks if the unit is still available. I tell him yes then he proceeds to tell me that it will work great for him, BUT that my rate is too high and offers me $50 per month for the 10x20. I politely tell him that it is the going rate in our area and that's the only unit I have available and the only one I've had vacant in the past 6 months. I end the call with him telling me that $50 is all he can afford to store his truck. Whew!

Comment

I had a lady call Thursday and ask the price of our 5X5 NC. I told her the smallest unit I have available is a 5X10 NC and they are $55 a month. She asked if we have any specials; I told her no, but we don't require tenants to purchase insurance or our locks and we don't charge a deposit yadda yadda. She proceeds to tell me someone else down the road has a 5X5 NC for $24 and she would only have to pay $14 a month for their insurance and buy a lock from them, pay their deposit and after 3 months it will go up to their regular price of $60 per month. I reminded her that my unit is larger, etc. She keeps telling me their price and I keep telling her that's a GREAT deal (I don't think she's good at math at this point). So by the end of the call I'm still cheering her on about the smaller unit that is going to end up costing her more...sheesh

Comment

Once they want to start negotiating and telling me about the guy down the street prices I just tune them out and wait for it to finish. I still would not have gotten to the point in the conversation where I would have said we have any units available. When they stop talking I ask when they need the unit and if I can put their name on a waiting list. They will ask why and I tell them I am full, even though I am not. I dodge another bullet and move on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X